Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2016, 06:22 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, May 13

Good morning everyone,

Well here it is dreaded D Day. I shall be glad to get it over and done with. Wish it wasn't so late in the day. Yes I am a bit concerned about Steve's new attitude, will it last, I ask myself? Oh well we shall see. Thanks everyone for your good wishes for me today.

Hope your backs are a bit easier today Griff and June, must be wearing you down.

Not so warm this morning still the sun is out so hopefully it will warm up.

Mandy hope your hip is not so bad today too. Anyone else suffering please take care. LG, no gossip from the mill? can they still be talking about you?

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2016, 06:29 AM
Morning Moyra and al who follow.
Good luck today Moyra.
Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2016, 06:55 AM
Good Morning all
Moyra, best of luck for you today...once it is done you can then get on with dealing with whatever needs to be done....the not knowing is the scary bit for me. As for Steves new attitude, well i think you probably know yourself that it is unlikely to last and will infact be more about him than you..anyway, you don't need to be worrying about that at the moment
Morning Lynn, i was watching a thing last night...well half watching it, kirsty and phil..love it or list it, there as a couple there with a cottage and they had all sorts done to it...made me think of you and Gorden that did...they spent 60k but i couldn't for the life of me figure out where Lol
Been awake on and off all night, was propery awake at 4.30am and could not find a comfortable position to lie in....gave up at 7.30, just got up as my mum was heading off to work, she was not amused Lol. I have let the dogs out to the loo, just doing battle with the delinquent cat and i am spending the day doing s*d all...will maybe risk a sit in the egg chair if it gets sunny and warm
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2016, 07:05 AM
Morning Moyra hope all goes well for you, not just for today but for a long time to come.
Morning June. I too am fed up with people not taking advice when given and then wonder why their dog isn't improving. Oh well we can but try.
Morning Griff hope the back is getting better.
Morning Lynn hope you are ok. Did hubby get another job?
Morning Mandy.
Off out now to enjoy the sunshine while it isn't to warm. Morning everyone else. Have a good day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2016, 07:13 AM
Good morning everyone

Best wishes for this afternoon Moyra. This might just be the wake up call he needed and see that his attitude is all wrong and you do need help. Hope it lasts but I have my doubts.

Poor you Griff hope the back is a lot better today. A day doing nothing sounds good to me.

Some people have no idea Brenda when it comes to training. A lady round here walks two dogs one of which is very aggressive. She just shouts at it and yanks the lead

You must be on the homeward stretch now Lynn with the bathroom. Hope Dillon's paw is doing ok.

Lovely day washing out already and about to take Teazle out. Might mow the lawn again this afternoon after all the treatment I have given it it is growing well.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2016, 08:44 AM
Sunny morning here, cold wind though, at least there's no rain and we'll have a walk out in about an hour and be back before the lunchtime walkers appear. Then the river this weekend to keep out of everyone's way. Will give Zen another week,she will be coming out of season now, not sure if she is a late ovulater though, like her Nana Lona, or early like her mummy, Mabs. I am erring on the side of caution as I don't want to find out the hard way.
Will give the fence another hour of painting, have an hour with a butty and brew, then off to get the shopping. Am hoping Home Bargains has got a shipment of painkillers in, with no one having them I think they must be in a container somewhere!
Thinking of you today Moyra and this time tomorrow it will be over and done with, hoping they find nothing and its all a waste of time and worry.
Griff, try and have an easy day, its bad that nothings working to ease the pain and you must be feeling like a zombie by now.
Brenda, as regards training class and people ignoring your input, makes you wonder why they bother to come at all, although its better they do because surely not all your advice is going to fall on stony ground
Hoping Nippy's computer is sorted out soon, when I had that problem, passed it over to my son, who emptied it,cleared all the memory and started again.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2016, 09:19 AM
I think sometimes when people attend classes it is just to meet a criteria....a lot of the rescues now stipulate you must attend training classes and you have to have those in place with proof before you can adopt your pup, also i think repetition is the key...although they don't perhaps get what they are doing or why eventually they just do it and lo and behold.... a well behaved dog!!! with kota, she is really great, will do what i ask no treat needed, works off hand signals, Deags...well bribery all the way with her......she loves her ball though so that is a big help for me
well we have no sun!!!! it is dry but not sunny, wouldn't mind a day of swinging in my chair Lol, Kota climbed up on my knee last night and had a lovely little cuddle with her
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2016, 09:22 AM
This will make you laugh, or maybe not. There is a lady round here with a very noisy terrier and her answer to making it be quiet is to hit it on the head with a full poo bag of poo. Hm works for me. Not. lol!! Just come back from doing a few errands and Tyto was resting on the part of the settee that he is allowed to lay on and just sort of looked up and said hm you're back then. Nice to be missed. bg!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Ewwwww, i think if someone was donking me on the head with a full bag of my own waste i would be barking all the more Lol...crazy crazy woman Lol
ahhhhhhh i am sure he missed you really, my apir go beserk when you go out or come in, my neighbour said she hears them and said it must be nice to have a welcome home like that
still no sunshine, it is dry at least so may go and sit out the back in a bit, i am watching something called seesaw on the stv player, david suchet is in it...i think it is an older program but it is good
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Sunshine here, but cold northerly wind, kept my fleece on when on walks, although was warm by the time I'd done 2 hours and it was open
Not done any painting as the moment I was heading outside my phone rang and it was youngest son, had a nice chat with him, he went off, and phone rang again and it was one of my friends. Have given up and having a butty and a coffee and watching the news and then will see if Doctors has returned to some semblance of normality, if not will watch Judge Rinder. Then off to get some food shopping done
True about training class stipulations, Griff. Its in my puppy contract and I also ensure there are several conversations about the necessity and the benefits of training class. All the same I've had people not carry it through, but I would rather get a few at class than none at all.
Hope you're OK Lynn
Moyra, I'm thinking of you
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >