Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 12:55 PM

I just found a wee girl (human).

Just had a bit of a harrowing experience, was walking back from the shops and found a wee girl about 2 years old wandering about on her own. I had a look about and could see no-one around, so I asked he had she lost her mammy, and she said yes. I was nearly sick, obviously flashes of wee Maddie, absolutely anyone could have picked her up in a car and there was no-one in sight. I walked her round the block to see if anyone was looking for her but couldn't find anyone, there was a woman in a car parked as if she were waiting for someone and she saw us but didn't approach us so took her home and called the police.

Gave a description to the police, now I don't really have much faith in the police but they did come round in about 5 minutes in this instance, but just before they turned up her auntie knocked on the door, apparently she'd asked the lady in the car if she'd seen the wee girl and she said she'd saw me with a wee girl and that's how they knew to come here. The police just took everyones names, apparently she'd just wandered out of the house but it must have been at least 10 mins before they realised she'd gone as no-one was around when I found her. Her mum came around the corner at the same time but do you know what, her auntie (who I know to say hi to, but didn't know the child was her niece) was the only one to say thank you. Perhaps they were too shook up, I don't know.

So that was my day!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Good god!!! what a experience for you..good job it was you who picked her up.

But what gets me is the fact she was able to get out of the house without anyone seeing her..

At 3 yrs old, she should be in sight of a adult at ALL times.
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Good for you but you would think they would have had the manners to thank you properly. But some people don't do they?
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 01:26 PM
gosh.. what an experience! knew you were going to say they didn't thank you.. glad the police took thair details - will hopefully make them a little more aware of the gravity of what could happen next time they allow their 3 year-old to wander..
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 01:29 PM
my sister had a similar situation and they just glared at her and said to give him back....!

Whats also scary is she could have been run over!!!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Let's hope a lesson has been learned.

By all acounts I went missing when I was little. I don't remember but my mum often tells the tale. Perhaps my big sister (Fudgeley) remembers.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Good for you hun, poor wee soul.xxxxxxxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 01:41 PM
I think I was more scared for her than she was, she was so easily led, I thought i'd walk her round and i'd see her mum looking but when I didn't I didn't really know what to do next. Good job it was just on my road really, I didn't know if it would have been wrong to take her into the house, you just don't know do you? But then I had to take her in to call the police and they said to just keep her there so I guess it was ok.
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2008, 02:18 PM
How worrying Especially with what goes on in the news!

My boyfriend went missing when he was small. He doesn't remember it, but his dad told me all about it! They went into a department store and while looking for something, D slipped away. His parents were frantic looking and had an announcement put out for him, but no sign. Eventually they found him in the lift, asking "which floor, please?" and pressing the buttons for people! I can't imagine how scared I would have been if my own child had gone missing like that, and I cannot believe that this little girl has managed to get out of the house unnoticed!
Well done you for looking after her. I hope her parents are more careful in future.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2008, 08:40 PM
It's so easy done, my son was a right houdini when he was between 2 and 5. We had to put a lock high up on both the front and back doors to stop him getting out. You just have to turn your back for a second.

although I have to admit I usually knew straight away if he was off, and would usually catch him. Although on one occasion he made it to the other end of our row and gave my neighbour the fright of her life by poking his head through her cat flap!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >