Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by patterlands View Post
if anyone charges you more than 50 pound for 512mb of ram and to fit it too then they are ripping you off,use that as a rough guide if it helps
I will take that advice and give him a ring tomorrow. Thanks Erin. He's fixed it twice already. And trusted him but Im a very dubious person and question everything
I will let you know how I get on. Cheers x
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
I will take that advice and give him a ring tomorrow. Thanks Erin. He's fixed it twice already. And trusted him but Im a very dubious person and question everything
I will let you know how I get on. Cheers x
yes let me know,hope you manage to get it sorted
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Dawn I have no idea what a RAM looks or is? Ive got a ancient computer from PC world an Advent 8764 if that means anything?
You may find yourself in the same position I was. Mine was about 6/7yrs old and had NVRAM, you cant get it now at all, anywhere! You need to find out whats in your system before you buy anything. Take it to PC world and ask them, its their own make.
Dawn.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-03-2007, 10:39 PM
To find out the type of ram download everest home edition, it will tell you the type of ram and all other hardware inside the pc.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-03-2007, 11:15 PM
It sounds to me that your pc is very old and not to be found on the UK advent support site.

So you'll need someone to have a look at it for you by the sounds of it that you have got a p3 processor and about 256MB ram at the moment.

To buy a 256 stick of kingston sd ram will cost you £15.98 or delivered to your door £26.70 and it is very easy to fit you can not fit it the wrong way at all as it will only go in one way.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Ive just phoned the guy who fixed my computer the last time and he was really helpful, he doesnt think the RAM will make much difference on its own. I need to get rid of Windows XP as it wasnt designed for this type of computer and the whole system can be upgraded for about 160 quid and work as new again but will need to have a look at it first.
So will be without a computer for a while. OMG! How am I going to survive?
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Ive just phoned the guy who fixed my computer the last time and he was really helpful, he doesnt think the RAM will make much difference on its own. I need to get rid of Windows XP as it wasnt designed for this type of computer and the whole system can be upgraded for about 160 quid and work as new again but will need to have a look at it first.
I'll phone
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
I'll phone
And read me everyone's posts?
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2007, 01:09 PM
And read me everyone's posts?
Aye sure.... If thats what yer into
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-03-2007, 01:24 PM
yeah that sound right laura,he may put windows 98 on and some more ram.160 sounds about right too.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >