View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-10-2005, 12:29 AM
Fred I have masses of room and the Monitor I have now (a Dell) does not smell I thought the other LCDs consumed less electricity that was really the only reason I chose one...I will stick with the CRT for my needs I think
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2005, 12:32 AM
wise choice
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

01-10-2005, 12:37 AM
If you don't want a space saving monitor then you can't beat Crts And they have come down in price too so you get a good bargain to boot

I think Fred meant the smell of a 'new' monitor as they normally pong for a week or so
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks eRaze it was late last night my monitor had a pong for six years then it had a bang and in an apartment they do have a certain smell but you can`t beat them for quality and price, yet
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hi Fred I am that rare thing a woman who hates shopping and spending money It's the same when I buy anything new, days of agonising over which item to choose and reading every review/the Which? guide ..
If I can't get the quality of picture with the new type of LCD monitor I will go for another CRT....

Hi Mini,

I love my monitor its a Philips C170 C flat screen and come with the pc package that I got from PC World but you can buy them separately too. I think we should have had a Packard Bell one but the assistant couldn't be bothered looking for them in the storeroom so gave us a Philips instead, he said it was a better one when I queried it. It comes with speakers too that you can switch on and off (my old computer the speakers just came on when you turned the pc on)

and it didn't have any smell with it neither
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the advice Guys
Foxy that does look very good. The problem with buying off the net is you don't get to see things first..I went to PC World just to look at the ones I had chosen and as always they had nothing in stock to see
I think when the refund returns to my account (and I have got over the shock of spending some money ) I will go with Azz and Freds advice and get another a CRT ..they are better value and I have a whole empty study to put it in so space is not a problem..
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

01-10-2005, 12:09 PM
-sorry off-topic- Foxy I love that cuddly dalmation toy!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
-sorry off-topic- Foxy I love that cuddly dalmation toy!

Do you mean the small one? I collected them from Mcdonalds when they were doing them a few weeks ago with happy meals - made my daughter have the happy meal and I nicked the dog

You should see how many I have now - I got 11 of them -missed one of them - there should have been 12
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi Mini, I see you're still not sorted yet, but just to say I am very very happy with mine. They were all on display when we bought our new pc from Comets and we went for this LG because the graphics were so very different from all the others, crystal clear. I have it set at a very high setting too which apparently is the way to go with it (according to Fred who seems to know what he's talking about with pc's!) Good luck in your quest, hope you get sorted soon, and hope it doesn't smell either!

Let me know if you want me to post up a piccy of it
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2005, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=Fred]if you have the room and you don`t mind the smell of them

What is this "smell" then Fred, mine doesn't smell Are you sure you haven't got a dead rat lying behind your pc or something?????
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >