Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2005, 05:05 PM
Wow Helena, aren't they well trained?

I reckon if I left a chicken on the worktop, Archie the quick-thinking independent terrier would have sat there crying until I came back and gave him a bit
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Well that's given me a good laugh reading all your posts on your dogs' antics when food has been left around!

I simply can't understand it, as I haven't trained them not to jump up at the worktop, or touch any of our food, but they just don't and the same goes for all my others in the past. In fact, one of my previous dogs would ignore sweets, biscuits, etc. left on the coffee table in the lounge whilst we were out!Maybe I'm very scarey to them and they are frightened of the consequences, but I don't understand that either, as they never get shouted at (well, not much! but I do have a loud stern voice with them when I do shout!) Maybe they don't want to upset their Mum by doing naughty things, or maybe it's because they get 4 square meals a day and are full up! Lol!

I cannot tell you my secret, I wish I could, but I just don't know what it is.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Well that's given me a good laugh reading all your posts on your dogs' antics when food has been left around!

I simply can't understand it, as I haven't trained them not to jump up at the worktop, or touch any of our food, but they just don't and the same goes for all my others in the past. In fact, one of my previous dogs would ignore sweets, biscuits, etc. left on the coffee table in the lounge whilst we were out!Maybe I'm very scarey to them and they are frightened of the consequences, but I don't understand that either, as they never get shouted at (well, not much! but I do have a loud stern voice with them when I do shout!) Maybe they don't want to upset their Mum by doing naughty things, or maybe it's because they get 4 square meals a day and are full up! Lol!

I cannot tell you my secret, I wish I could, but I just don't know what it is.
Maybe they've tasted your cooking before ???
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Shhhhhh! You guessed it!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-06-2005, 09:24 PM
not a chance a chicken on the side for the taking ..............he doesn't take of the top if your in but if i left something on the top that had a eat me smell he would not say no.
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2005, 07:24 AM
I must be honest I can leave anything about and Blue wont touch it. From sweets to food.
I did have a foster dog over Christmas and new year that ate my turkey though!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by jacquie
I must be honest I can leave anything about and Blue wont touch it. From sweets to food.
I did have a foster dog over Christmas and new year that ate my turkey though!
Lol! jacquie! Nobody likes turkey for Christmas dinner anyway - he was doing you a favour!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2005, 07:50 AM
Helena glad to see you are not still flat on your back

When I went in to work one day with Amy my boss hadn't had time to each lunch so had put her tray containing a whole jacket potato on the floor next to her desk while she answered the telephone. Amy went into the other office to say hello and emerged carrying the jacket potato and a look of pure joy on her face...
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

16-06-2005, 08:26 AM
Jake tries to get right inside the fridge every time the door gets opened. He's never had anything off the counter yet, but I reckon if something got left on the section of counter near where we leave the kitchen bin, it'd go! Especially as this is where we usually prepare his food. He loves getting his front paws up on the bin so he can watch!
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2005, 08:35 AM
I could leave any thing out an mollie would not touch it, she would stand and stare....My two little ones have never pinched anything, but maybe thats because the cannot reach!!!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >