Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2009, 05:00 PM

I iz back from camp!

Wooo, that was loads of fun! Got there Friday night with one very pink stuffed backpack. Got fitted and kitted and took the stuff back to our billet and thought 'how in gods name am I supposed to get this home'. Never mind, time for the mess, got to the mess...dirt cheap drink Very friendly guys, and the PI's (Potential Instructors) were a load of fun, there's a whole heap of us.

One guy has had one heck of a life, Para's, SAS, special security for some of the bigger events...got more holes in him than a colander. He REALLY looks the part in his kit! But what a nice fella. Same with the others, made friends with one of the ladies who is around my age. Then on Saturday, well oh boy, morning not so great, talks and stuff but the afternoon, we got fieldcraft with the cadets and they got to put camoflage makeup on us and we on them. Drill this morning was good too. We got a shot at giving instruction, I am ex army and only did basic training so I remembered quite a lot!

Loved it, and can't wait for the next weekend. We have our detachment night and that's Wednesday.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Well that beats housework! (Not that I do any ) You`ve got to post some piccies though.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Sounds like you had a brilliant time, Lorraine.

How did OH cope whilst you were away?

More to the point, do you care

lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Well that beats housework! (Not that I do any ) You`ve got to post some piccies though.
Unfortunately the MOD are really strict, we aren't allowed to post ANY pics of other members of the company or the cadets. I will however, once I've had a haircut and stuff get a photo taken of myself in uniform
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Sounds like you had a brilliant time, Lorraine.

How did OH cope whilst you were away?

More to the point, do you care

He apparently missed me but didn't act like it. He wouldn't sleep in bed cause I wasn't there. Spent the weekend on the couch. Silly sod.
Doofuz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Glad you had a good time!