View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pete
Almost a Veteran

05-04-2005, 10:36 PM

harness for staffy

wheres best place get a harness for staffy and not a big leather and brass one,just a nylon one or somethin similar ,ive got one now but straps rub under front legs.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 10:38 PM
We were told not to use one as it can affect the way they walk in the ring when we had one while Gus was a pup but i see quite a few wearing them ?
pete
Almost a Veteran

05-04-2005, 10:40 PM
he is too bad on lead now lel for me misssus, hes fne for me but pulls missus round too bad.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 10:41 PM
I know the feeling -
we used to walk Sam on one ( my previous Staffy boy0- much easier to walk with
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 10:43 PM
we have just a plain old nylon red one - from pets at home - but its rubbing away the little fur he has on his sides - However have tried many and all either hurt his armpits or offer little control. This one is the best of the bunch so far... there must be one somewhere that suits them - the only ones you ever see are the leather ones with all the buckles etc !!

if you find one pete let me know as Bruno needs a new one too

dani
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-04-2005, 10:43 PM
I tried using a harness didnt like it dogs turned their front elbows out when pulling into it also found I had very little control over the dog compared to a collar and leash
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 10:44 PM
I have seen padded ones recommended on TRPD site- will see if I can find the link
metalmorphosis
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-04-2005, 11:27 PM
I've tried two types for Hoofa, the standard nylon webbing and one I can't remember the name of, but it's modelled by a Dalmation I believe. Works on a pulley system. Both rubbed him horribly so I stopped using them, but I did sew some sheepskin sleeves over the side straps which worked nicely. If you make a few pairs with Velcro they're easy to change over to wash, and you have spares
Theemx
Dogsey Junior

06-04-2005, 12:09 AM
mmm all the ones ive had on my staff x have all rubbed. The one with the sheepskin sleeves on it ddnt rub under the armpits, but across his back/side where they ran up to the clip.

Trying desperately NOT to advertise, or be pushy, but i work in leather and i could make you a leather one to your design but NOT a typical 'staffie harness' if you wanted?

I line a lot of stuff in suede although i dont know if that would prevent rubbing... still, bridles, saddles etc dont rub horses if they fit properly, i wonder if its the effect of having plastic stuff rubbing against fur, and leather is smoother....

Anyway feel free to email me (or of course any of the other places who do the same thing)

Em
ziggar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-04-2005, 12:27 AM
i use the ones from pets@home
cheap nylon ones and they dont rub under the pits
you can also get similar type slightly padded ones if you have a Range shop in your area.
Same style as the pets@home ones but with a slight padding to them

Z
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >