Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 03:12 PM
she sounds lovely...
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 04:13 PM
I had a problem once with a neighbour playing loud music. It was during the day so there wasn`t much I could do. So I got the sound system I use for work, shoved it against the connecting wall, and every time she put her music on i LET RIP WITH VERY VERY LOUD HEAVY METAL.
It worked a treat. Provided your neighbour the other side is willing to say the dog isn`t barking excessively, why not try being the neighbour from hell back? Or of course you could always do the adult thing and ignore her.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
she sounds lovely...
I bet she wouldn't mess with you Shona..fancy a holiday down here to sort her out for us?...you'd have to bring your skis though

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I had a problem once with a neighbour playing loud music. It was during the day so there wasn`t much I could do. So I got the sound system I use for work, shoved it against the connecting wall, and every time she put her music on i LET RIP WITH VERY VERY LOUD HEAVY METAL.
It worked a treat. Provided your neighbour the other side is willing to say the dog isn`t barking excessively, why not try being the neighbour from hell back? Or of course you could always do the adult thing and ignore her.
Well I don't swear and I refuse to lower myself to retort back when she lets rip...I shall just ignore her and if she starts up about anything I'll make a sarcastic comment about her being a poor representative of the fairer sex...I think that will wind her up far more than if I were to swear back at her, and I wouldn't really be comfortable doing that...it sounds sort of posh if I try to swear

We have spoken to the other neighbour today and she said that she has only heard him barking when we are approaching home, either walking towards the house or pulling up on the drive...that would make sense and is something I would expect him to do out of excitement. He is very often still asleep in his bed in the same position I have left him when I pop out to the village shops, so I know he isn't always a noisy boy when left.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 06:37 PM
What a complete and utter lunatic.......

Get out of there as quick as you can, hon

x0x
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi, I have a neighbour who leaves their dog out in the garden all day and it barks constantly which obviously is really annoying. I did try to discuss it sensibly with her but she denied it was her dog barking (i wasn't the only one who complained) and she keeps on doing it. I did go over and say to her that the dog should'nt be alone all day anyway and she said that coz she was out and couldn't hear it that was ok (very considerate) i know this is a slighty different situation to yours as it doesn't happen constantly and your neighbours behaviour is not acceptable, as your husband said why didn't she come down and discuss it like an adult ? i don't know why people can't be civil
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 08:26 AM
She sounds delightful Sheree!

I wouldn't worry about her calling the RSPCA, I doubt they would take any notice of her and in the unlikely event that they did investigate, they would see that Leon is well looked after and loved. Anyone she does call to investigate, send them round to your other neighbour who can confirm that there is no problem.

Some people are just unpleasant and like to upset people. She is obviously just a very sad, miserable person who will never be anywhere near as happy as you are.x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 08:34 AM
She sounds like half the population that lives near me. All you hear round here is the loudmouths shouting and swearing obcenties at people and thier kids.
If I give the dogs a 10 min game in the garden during the day Milo will yap with excitement and you always get one yell out f***ing shut up. He does have a piercing yap but at least I am not keeping anyone awake with him like they do most nights when they are drunk and causing a scene outside.
I can completely sympathise with you (((hugs)))
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
What a complete and utter lunatic.......

Get out of there as quick as you can, hon

x0x
Thanks Vicki...can't come quickly enough for me

Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Hi, I have a neighbour who leaves their dog out in the garden all day and it barks constantly which obviously is really annoying. I did try to discuss it sensibly with her but she denied it was her dog barking (i wasn't the only one who complained) and she keeps on doing it. I did go over and say to her that the dog should'nt be alone all day anyway and she said that coz she was out and couldn't hear it that was ok (very considerate) i know this is a slighty different situation to yours as it doesn't happen constantly and your neighbours behaviour is not acceptable, as your husband said why didn't she come down and discuss it like an adult ? i don't know why people can't be civil
I don't think these kind of people ever do civil, they think they are right about everything and god help anyone that gets in their way..never mind, its a new day today and we have to pop to the shops...I'm not going to worry myself over it though

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
She sounds delightful Sheree!

I wouldn't worry about her calling the RSPCA, I doubt they would take any notice of her and in the unlikely event that they did investigate, they would see that Leon is well looked after and loved. Anyone she does call to investigate, send them round to your other neighbour who can confirm that there is no problem.

Some people are just unpleasant and like to upset people. She is obviously just a very sad, miserable person who will never be anywhere near as happy as you are.x
Thanks for that xx

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
She sounds like half the population that lives near me. All you hear round here is the loudmouths shouting and swearing obcenties at people and thier kids.
If I give the dogs a 10 min game in the garden during the day Milo will yap with excitement and you always get one yell out f***ing shut up. He does have a piercing yap but at least I am not keeping anyone awake with him like they do most nights when they are drunk and causing a scene outside.
I can completely sympathise with you (((hugs)))
Thanks so much...thats what I said to Clive..he is never left overnight and is silent when we are at home, which is 95% of the time, we are excellent neighbours in that we don't play loud music or have parties so there is never any noise coming from our direction late at night or in the early hours. xx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
We have a neighbour like this too, I tried to be nice and say her dog is barking cause he's bored and I even gave him a toy of Dougals to play with but I got accused of calling the SSPCA on her.

Poor dog has been left out even at 6am barking which doesn't go down well. Some people!

Seriously though, I would ignore your horrible nasty neighbour, even if she is screeching at you, just walk away, not a word, just walk away. She can't do anything then.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
We have a neighbour like this too, I tried to be nice and say her dog is barking cause he's bored and I even gave him a toy of Dougals to play with but I got accused of calling the SSPCA on her.

Poor dog has been left out even at 6am barking which doesn't go down well. Some people!

Seriously though, I would ignore your horrible nasty neighbour, even if she is screeching at you, just walk away, not a word, just walk away. She can't do anything then.
Thanks for the good advice...Clive reckons that will really annoy her if I ignore her and she can't have a slanging match, he wishes he could do it but he just has to give into the temptation to give her as much of a mouthful as she dishes out

I agree that its totally wrong for dogs to be barking all day and annoying neighbours..I wouldn't want to be hearing it all day either.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2