Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 01:40 PM

Pink dog poo?

Following on from random newspaper A boards (those ones outside papershops) that nearly make me crash the car doing a double-take that I've read them right... the one the other week was "man boobs reunited me with my dad" - I saw one this morning I was SURE I must have read incorrectly... "Dog poo to be sprayed pink"

Apparently I read it perfectly correctly. To "highlight" (boom-boom) dog-fouling, they're going to walk around the parks locally and spraypaint any dog turds pink. Not quite sure about how economical a use or man (well woman if it's the usual dog wardens)-hours this is... but hey, they're giving out free poo bags again and the dog warden freebie poo bags are like the rolls royce of poo bags - huge, thick and generally free.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Th...ail/story.html

Dreading to think what'll be on the newspaper boards next week!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Oh yeah Hope they do it here will stop my kids keep treading on it hopefully
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:03 PM
A few years ago someone had a campaign in Melrose, sticking wee cocktail stick flags in any poo on the pavement, brilliant idea and absolutely hysterical, well, it made me laugh anyway.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:06 PM
I read this yesterday on the local action group's website. Apparently it's just Hickings Lane and Ilkeston Road. I dont use either park but might just have a wander down to see how many pink patches are dotted about!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:08 PM
I do see the point they are trying to make, to make owners who don't pick up see what a mess they are causing, but If they are going to the trouble of bending down to spray it, they may as well scoop it instead???
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:16 PM
The council did this near me recently - personally I thought if they were going to pay people to walk about spraying it pink they would have been as well picking it all up
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I read this yesterday on the local action group's website. Apparently it's just Hickings Lane and Ilkeston Road. I dont use either park but might just have a wander down to see how many pink patches are dotted about!
Think it was Ilkeston Road park hubby's mate was the eyewitness to a murder in! I don't use either - but I'm surprised they ain't doing Bramcote as it's about ankle deep in dog crap at the moment. I cut across Hickings Lane when I'm walking round to SureStart and that one never seems that bad.

It's going to make naff all difference - people notice the dog poo anyway, just the ones who aren't going to pick up don't give a stuff and will just be walking away not giving a stuff leaving a bright pink steamer behind instead so to speak. Considering one of the regular dump and runners has blithely walked on while being persued by a woman who'd picked his dog's poo up and was carrying it in a bag to catch up to him and give it to him - I don't think that lot will particularly care if it's been painted pink, purple or blue.

Have to say the board outside the newsagent did make me do a double take when I drove past it - which then made me look it up online to see what the heck was going on!

The thought of photoshopping a pink one onto the poo consistency chart did cross my mind though.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Think it was Ilkeston Road park hubby's mate was the eyewitness to a murder in! I don't use either - but I'm surprised they ain't doing Bramcote as it's about ankle deep in dog crap at the moment. I cut across Hickings Lane when I'm walking round to SureStart and that one never seems that bad.

It's going to make naff all difference - people notice the dog poo anyway, just the ones who aren't going to pick up don't give a stuff and will just be walking away not giving a stuff leaving a bright pink steamer behind instead so to speak. Considering one of the regular dump and runners has blithely walked on while being persued by a woman who'd picked his dog's poo up and was carrying it in a bag to catch up to him and give it to him - I don't think that lot will particularly care if it's been painted pink, purple or blue.

Have to say the board outside the newsagent did make me do a double take when I drove past it - which then made me look it up online to see what the heck was going on!

The thought of photoshopping a pink one onto the poo consistency chart did cross my mind though.
Exactly, the types who leave it behind are going to care if it's later painted pink!

Haha that last bit made me lol
angieh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2012, 05:05 PM
Not sure if any members here come from the Prinsted area of West Sussex, near the Hampshire border? Lovely area to walk along the sea wall and great for bird watching. They spray the dog poo blue there! I think it ought to be florescent so it glows in the dark. But of course it shouldn't be there at all ........ there are dog poo bins if the lazy b*****s would just bag and bin it.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 05:26 PM
I must not write to the council requesting red white and blue poo for the olympics... must... resist (but it would be amusing)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >