Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 05:49 PM
Hope Fudge is feeling better.
When they suspected one of mine had a blockage, they couldn't feel anything when palpating his abdomen (and it was EMPTY) having been sick and not eaten for a couple of days, so they x-rayed AND scanned. They did that before opening him up anyway.....despite the scan and x rays being clear!!!! (One of the many reasons I have 'issues' with my vets). Anyway, with him it was SEVERE gastroenteritis, so not the best idea to open him up and play with his intestines. So....they don't HAVE to open her staright up, they could scan etc, but if they think it is an obsturction, it's best they get it out asap....if they don't then perhaps ask about an x ray or scan and if that would help...remembering things don't always show up.
Hope she's feeling better.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 09:01 PM
She has eaten 3 small meals of chicken and rice and kept it all down. She has also rediscovered her beloved tennis ball and is strting to play again. It is great to see her improve. Still no poo though.......
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2007, 10:48 PM
It will come
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 10:30 AM
dum de dum dum de dum.............still waiting!!lol
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 11:28 AM
Good to hear she is getting back to normal, try massaging her back working down toward the back end all the time, it might help and she will enjoy it lol.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Lactulose solution works well for dogs that are constipated. Could be worth asking the vet...Cheers...Ian..
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 01:23 PM
hi i use liquid paraffin from the chemist i gave to lots adn it works..lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm so sorry I missed this thread, and I hope Fudge has now had a poo????? I'm as worried as you are!! I'm obssessed with my dog's poo's! Lol!

If she's dug her tennis ball out now and has eaten a few meals, she should be ok. I really, really hope they don't have to open her up, but like Ailsa says, they would do a scan and x-rays first, they never just go in blind! I hope Fudge has rewarded you with a nice big poo! Lol!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 01:34 PM
if there was a blockage would she still be off colour and being sick. I was hoping the fact that she is much better in herself and eating and drinking perhaps meant no blockage? Or am I just being optimistic. No poo as of 1.30p.m
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Don't forget, she hasn't really eaten anything has she. When did she have her first real bit of food since all this started??? I've been through this with Cassie in the past, and I think we went 3 days in all?? Then I had a massive dark red big long clump that was full of long grass, that I had to give her a hand with!!! Lol!!!

I really think, and I've never personally had this myself, but I'm sure a dog would be really, really down and miserable and not even WANT to eat anything if it's got a blockage? I've seen it years ago on Animal Hospital and the dog was really sick. Bad enough for the vet to immediately take the dog in, unlike your Kain? What do you think? After all, the vet HAS had a good old feel of his stomach hasn't he, 2 vets have I think? I'm sure it's not that, but like I said, I haven't experienced any of my dogs having eaten something.

Then again, remember the dog on here last week that had that wire in it's stomach and it was only through limping on his hind leg that the vet x-rayed and then had to open him up? The dog seemed quite ok in himself! It's quite scarey isn't it!!! I really don't know what to say, I'm sorry I can't offer any real helpful advice here!

Sorry, I've got in a right old muddle here!!! I'm hopping between this and Inkliveeva's thread with Kain, and I've got all mixed up! I meant to say Fudge, and I am answering your question!!! Sorry!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >