View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 04:18 PM
myschievous - Yes this sounds exactly the same. Roxy had eaten half a dead mouse and a dead frog days before this happened. Not to mention the huge amounts of cat poo she seem to keep digging up! She then threw up some cheese bits I gave her monday night and my OH said she was also throwing up foam, tuesday day. It wasn't until the blood in the diarrhea that I got worried.

And bizarly enough I had the same kind of night as you. My OH works shifts and was on his night shift, so I was also alone with poorly Roxy giving me the eyes of 'please let me snuggle with you' and alas all during the night she had to jump off the bed to go poo somewhere, and im glad now I didn't take her outside at 4:30am as I was fairly awake by then due to her being up most of the night. And slipped a newspaper under her as she crouched. If I hadn't have done that I probably wouldn't have noticed the blood as we have a red carpet . I'm sorry to hear your trauma continued though, it sounds horrible, I take it Keena is 100% now?

I do hope she is OK when I get home, OH has his 4 days off now so she has got both of us around to keep an eye on her.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2006, 04:20 PM
good to hear that Roxy is feeling better
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
I'm sorry to hear your trauma continued though, it sounds horrible, I take it Keena is 100% now?
Aww yeah this was well over a yr ago now, thanks

Your vet may give some solutions to mix in with her water etc to help out...Just make sure she stayes nice and hydrated and she should be fine. Keena was on deaths door for days but as always bounced back very well. Hope your pup continues to do well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 04:49 PM
i am so glad she is o.k and is coming home
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Just caught up with this thread, so pleased she is better, and will be home soon...
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 05:04 PM
so glad she's ok!!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 05:13 PM
What a relief for you. Looking at those photos of the blood I can understand why you were so worried.
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Firstly I'm so pleased Roxy is coming home tonight

but now a bit paniced as when Hubby got up this morning he could see something sticking out of Zeus' mouth but couldn't get him to let it go. (I could have but I was lazy and had a lie in for once)

Hubby wasn't too worried thinking it was a bit of cloth from his "bubbies" (a blanket comforter) it was only when they went up the garden that Zeus opened his mouth and a RAT dropped out

My cats are evil killers in fur coats and I hate their prey being brought in the house but now I know it's a huge risk to Zeus........... I'm so worried and not sure what to do
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
Hello guys, thankyou all so much for your kind words. :smt058

We've had good news ! Roxy has reacted really well to the drip and is free to come home :smt041 I have to keep a close eye on her tonight & try to prevent the eating of everything in sight (that will be fun ) and have been told to tell friends and family to not give her human food as she has an extremely sensative stomach. Which I do tell them, but at least I have fact to back this up now! Plus im fed up of clearing up the squits whenever someone thinks its funny to feed her a crisp! (we dont feed her human food here anyway)

I did over-react a bit , but, buy your heartfelt comments I can see i'm not the only one who has been upset by this situation. Thanks for all getting me through this. Reading your posts have made me smile today.

Now i cant wait to finish work to go and see her

Oooh thats brilliant news that Roxy is home again Dobie - I am really pleased for you cos I know how worried you was about leaving her there overnight. Give her a big kiss from me and tell her if she worries her mum and dad again like this she is in big trouble
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by mustards mum
that Zeus opened his mouth and a RAT dropped out

My cats are evil killers in fur coats and I hate their prey being brought in the house but now I know it's a huge risk to Zeus........... I'm so worried and not sure what to do
Hi Mustards, I wouldn't worry too much, if you notice any of this signs:

*Dehydration
*Vomiting (Foam or food still in tact
*Depression
*Listlessness
*The presence of blood in the stool or vomit.

Then i would take him to the vet immediatly, if they go into shock in can be fatal.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >