Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:29 PM

Spain Now

OH is now interested in renting a Villa in Spain...............anyone please any suggestions on where in Spain.....this is for September.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:34 PM
anywhere would do me hun
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Me too, although saying that I would rather go to France, but OH is being
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep
OH is now interested in renting a Villa in Spain...............anyone please any suggestions on where in Spain.....this is for September.

Hi Sweep ,

My friend has a villa in Spain that she rents out, I can't remember exactly where at the moment, I'm seeing her tonight, I'll find out all the info and send you a "PM".

Regards

Jill
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Costa Blanca, about an hour from Alicante. Town is called Javea. Loads of places to rent if you do a google search for villas in Javea. Really nice place, friend of mine has an apartment there so have been a few times
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

02-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Depends where you want to stay Sweep, beach or countryside or city & what kinds of things you like to do?
suz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Hi there

As a current resident in Spain, I would say don't! If I were you I would go to France!

There is a terrible anti-dog society down here, one of the reasons I am coming home soon.

If you go on the beaches you get a fine, with or without poo bags, the campo has lots of nasty things there. I was walking there one day in the Autumn and Nico put his head in some shrubs, he came out sneezing, nose bleeding. In the time it took to walk back to the car he had thrown up and a further 5 minutes later at the vets he had a temperature. The vet thought it was probably a poisonous insect of some description! You also have to avoid pine forests as the caterpillars fall from the trees and I hear make them very ill too!

That said if you are definately coming here the Costa de la Luz is a great place and I understand the people are a bit nicer up there too!

A friend of mine from here recently went to France, she said she had the best time, the locals were wonderful and their 3 dogs had the best time! Let me know if you want me to find out exactly where they went.

If you are coming to Spain you can go to www.surinenglish.com as it has a rentals section there long term and short term.

Good luck deciding!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Costa Blanca, about an hour from Alicante. Town is called Javea. Loads of places to rent if you do a google search for villas in Javea. Really nice place, friend of mine has an apartment there so have been a few times
THats quite close to where my mom and dad live in Guardamar(bout 15mins drive from Alicante) There are alot of nice places around there,good golf and good riding)
When i went there seemed to be a 'toy dog' appreiciation society out ther LOL........I kept seeing lots of 'little yappers' on balconys and in apartment,saw Hardly any dogs of 'size' as it were !!!!!!!!!!!!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 10:42 AM
P.s,for the record.........' i do like 'little yappers'-I want a hairless chinese crested(hmmm... so shoot me....Harvey thinks i'm mad !!!)
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the info

Dogs not an issue as they are staying in Kennels - holiday just for me & OH

Thanks again
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >