Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-05-2005, 07:41 AM
Cooper,

If your dog has dandruff try adding a little oil to her diet. Sardines in oil, or other oily fish, a few drops of flaxseed oil, etc.
Cooper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks SB - I will try that....
she has been having Evening Primrose, but I might just scrap it for some Olive Oil dizzled over her food. She had tuna oil last night....

Thanks!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Tell me about it! I have two very fluffy long coated g.s.d's - can you imagine what my carpet looks like! I find those rakes are very good for getting all the dead hair out and you can get them at Pets at Home or any pet shop. I get a lot more out with those than any brush. Hope that helps.
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2005, 12:50 PM
I agree with Helena, I use a reke on my GSD, Jesse, and it works a treat.

Pets at Home do a anti-moult liquid stuff made by vitapet, it does work, however, I think a decent diet will work just as well.

They aint called German Shedders for nothing !!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't agree with stopping shedding.A dog needs to get rid of its old coat in order to grow a nice new one.I prefer to remove the old coat as quick as possible with groomig and then encourage new growth.
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Me to Archer, its raked out the dogs are then bathed then i just wait for it to grow back.
Some years ago i bought some stuff to supposedly stop the coat from blowing, what a waste of money.
Cooper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Dont get me wrong - I didnt want to actually 'stop' her moulting all together... i just wanted a few idea of why she might be moulting this bad... and anything i can use to help her on her way - like bathing, more brushing, kelp, oils etc... becuase her coat was looking in bad condition...

its alot better now though... been brushing her every night, and olive oil in her food... gave her a bath as well - shes looking alot shinnier
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2