View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I probably wouldn't let them eat the whole trotter, but I bet they'd like a munch for a while
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Im glad Im not the only one!
Need to do a refill soon as I have a weeks supply left.
Was going to do an order with BARF pet food but saw expnesive they are and thought id stick with my usual order. Going to try with my butcher that gives me all the bones to see what other throw aways he's got.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I picked up an order the Saturday just gone and brought it home in two great big grass seed sacks and two extra boxes. The whole order came to just over 19kg and was told by a friend I'd never get that in my single chest freezer.. Well I got it to fit in and had extra room to spare.

Has anyone seen the size of the chicken wings from DAF.. those chickens must be monstrous! I've been buying chicken wings from the supermarkets and Duck wings from one of DAF's distributors that I use and I think I'm sticking with the chicken wings from DAF, they're huge and meaty, the duck wings look disappointing now.

Clo - if I have one in when you come down, I'll give them a taste of proper rabbit, they can have a leg each
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I picked up an order the Saturday just gone and brought it home in two great big grass seed sacks and two extra boxes. The whole order came to just over 19kg and was told by a friend I'd never get that in my single chest freezer.. Well I got it to fit in and had extra room to spare.

Has anyone seen the size of the chicken wings from DAF.. those chickens must be monstrous! I've been buying chicken wings from the supermarkets and Duck wings from one of DAF's distributors that I use and I think I'm sticking with the chicken wings from DAF, they're huge and meaty, the duck wings look disappointing now.

Clo - if I have one in when you come down, I'll give them a taste of proper rabbit, they can have a leg each
im sure theyd like that well asbo would, i dont know about diva daphni...
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
im sure theyd like that well asbo would, i dont know about diva daphni...
Well she either eats it or another one does mine don't waste much food these days.. and rabbit is a firm favourite.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Oh, I love delivery day too!

Although, I don't plan on ordering again from a supplier... And, I am even more excited about my new way of doing things! I am going to get chicken from Asda, other bits and bobs from the butcher (I already get heart, liver and kidney from them) and I am going to try the abbatoir out So, I will get slightly smaller amounts, but more often!

Sometimes if I get a HUGE delivery, I get tired from all the separating stuff, so I will enjoy this way more. I also get to portion it up fresh, rather than it already being done... it is what I missed when using a supplier... so I will be back to that...

Oh, I love days off work and spending the afternoon sorting meat... I find it so pleasurable Even more so because I love organising things etc, so I am in my element!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Oh, I love delivery day too!

Although, I don't plan on ordering again from a supplier... And, I am even more excited about my new way of doing things! I am going to get chicken from Asda, other bits and bobs from the butcher (I already get heart, liver and kidney from them) and I am going to try the abbatoir out So, I will get slightly smaller amounts, but more often!

Sometimes if I get a HUGE delivery, I get tired from all the separating stuff, so I will enjoy this way more. I also get to portion it up fresh, rather than it already being done... it is what I missed when using a supplier... so I will be back to that...

Oh, I love days off work and spending the afternoon sorting meat... I find it so pleasurable Even more so because I love organising things etc, so I am in my element!
sounds like me I love organising
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-05-2012, 11:29 AM
My order arrives today. Having 20 x lamb mince, 20 x beef mince and 4kg tripe chunks. Will be out when it arrives so my mum is going to try and stuff it in my freezer that is already two thirds full!

I would prefer to get all the dogs food portioned but I collect a bag of chicken carcasses weekly that needs sorting and other bits when I can get them.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2012, 12:48 PM
I forgot to place an order, missed the deadline so I have no delivery date to look forward to! I didnt need much thankfully but i'll struggle to feed them until the next delivery is due.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Well I've just finished putting it all away and all I can say is thank heavens I don't have to do that every week. I'm splattered with blood and sweating like crazy and need a shower to cool off. Except I have to hose down the patio and flatten all the boxes first, at least the dogs have licked them clean for me. There is a definite downside to ordering in bulk 45kgs of carcasses, 30kgs of wings, 30 pounds of ribs, 30 pounds of bones although I could hardly lift it so I think there was considerably more. 20 pound of chicken and tripe, 20 pound of heart, 32 pound of beef and 30 pound of chicken. I need a lie down
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >