Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 03:47 PM

Whole Lamb Shoulder

Hey Guys,

Whole Lamb shoulder is half price in Tesco, for anyone that feeds it.

My two are having a feast at the minute!!!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 03:50 PM
dont know about the dogs but im partical to lamb roast
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Ha ha, no chance now of me getting to roast either of these!!

Willow at about two thirds of hers.

Archie manages less than a third of his.

Two content dogs. Look at the size of Willow's belly!

The rest goes back in the fridge for another day. :smt001
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Lamb shoulder makes a fab curry
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Lamb shoulder makes a fab curry
Now she tells me.

Just as well for the dogs you didn't post that earlier.... they might have been going a little hungrier tonight, lol.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 11:09 PM
That's what I like to see..contented doggies

Mind you don't tell my OH as I've just paid £20 at the butchers for a whole lamb shoulder and a couple of other bits and I have to go and pick our chicken wings up on Saturday as I buy 15 kilos at a time, as well as hearts, kidneys and so on. Oh well there goes another £30
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Good on you Evie How many meals did the shoulder end up making for each dog? Lots I bet!

I like feeding mine like this once a month or so - I get in a whole pork shoulder - as opposed to a portion - which is 10 or so kg in total, alot bigger than you see at the supermarket as I get it direct from a butchers wholesaler - the whole shoulder is huge. I whack it in half and let each dog have a half and let them moderate how much they have within reason. My boy is very good and eats about 2 meals in one but my girl went onto do 3 in one lol (then I took it to save the rest for her) Her belly was fat!

I like giving them something really big now and again to get their teeth right into. The lamb shoulders from the supermarket are plenty big for your two!

(Needless to say I moderate the before and after meals carefully and when they eat like this it will be on a day where they are going to be resting, I give them a good run first and I leave out excersize for a day after to avoid any probs because their tummies are full - they just laze about like lions afterwards! but they get a hell of alot of satisfaction out of the meal lasting so long and all of that chewing)
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Well, Day two of the lamb shoulder feast and Willow is munching on bare bones now. It's unbelievable how much that dog can pack away.

They only got half their daily rations the day before I gave them the lamb and no exercise yesterday after they ate. I guess I'll give them a walk later on this evening again. I think Willow will be fasting tomorrow, or at least a very small meal.

Archie isn't even half way through his bit. He loves it, but isn't as big a gorb as Willow is, lol. I'm guessing this might last him another 2 or 3 days - so long as the meat doesn't start stinking the place out before then!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Aww lol@willow. Archie is only a little guy though so he is doing well

You pretty much do what I do.

The only thing I get fed up with is taking it, giving it a bit of a rinse and putting it back in the fridge but that's as bad as it gets...When mine had the pork shoulder they had finished it over three days and I found the meat was still fine with being in the fridge inbetween times.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Great pic's made me smile, made them very happy.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >