View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 12:36 AM

Horsemanship - another level, a must see vid !

Came across this vid on another forum.
I`ve seen examples of amazing horsemanship but none so breathtaking as this.
Its not just the training level he has accomplished but the shots of him and the horses running together having fun are joyful.
Turn up the volume for the music which completes the atmospheric, sit back, and enjoy the sheer symbiotic beauty of a man and his fabulous horses

http://ttlntl.co.uk/blog/index.php?b...&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-05-2007, 12:52 AM
I really enjoyed watching that. The horses are spectacular and there's obviously a lot of training involved but for balance & skill, the guy (for me) is doing no more than any skier, snowboarder, skateboarder, gymnast etc.

Loved the vid though
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 01:46 AM
Bear in mind Phil, a skier etc has some control over direction - some of what this guy is doing is without even reins on the horses he`s riding, they are only on the outrunning pairs and sometimes none at all.
It takes incredible trust both ways to do what he`s doing with the horses having the choice to physically split/move away while he`s up there because they are free running.
I can`t see a skier going down a slope with two or more horses crisscrossing in front nor would they run and jump in front of several horses with nothing to physically control them. Unlike ski`s / skateboards etc, these are not inanimate objects so while I can see what you mean in theory, the reality is very different
According to the captions he has worked with them using instinct rather than `formal` training, and its the connection between them which is outstanding [ to me ], its not just about training and good balance, its like they really are bonded in a way most people could only dream of.

I found his website which lists forthcoming shows - anyone in Cumbria who gets the chance can see him and his horses in action on 4th and 5th August at the Carriage world cup in Penrith Cumbria. There is an interview clip on his site but sadly its in French [ which I never learned so I can`t translate it unfortunately ], but it shows him working with them. The way he is in voice and touch is beautifully gentle with them, the mutual trust and companionship is clear to see, its just something truly special as far as I`m concerned.

If anyone wants his site [ I am so going to get his DVD and book ! ], it`s here :

http://www.lorenzo.fr/1page1.html
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 05:51 AM
Just wonderful. The kind of rapport Lorenzo has with his animals is something us mere mortals can only dream of. An outstanding Video Patch - thanks for sharing. It was just breathtaking
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Wow I am going to see if I can e-mail this to my Friend who owns horses and breaks them herself.That was amazing.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Fabulous video, what an amazing man, and his horses are to die for.

I dont know many ski`s etc, that hav 4 legs and a brain of their own.

Believe me, you cannot make a horse do anything he does not want to do, and even the best trained can have its off day.

Those horses are working with him, for him, through mutual respect.
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 10:12 AM
It reminds me of the relationship a child had with her horse which she had from the age of her 10 the horse 2. They spent many hours a day together, even at times with the girls sleeping in the stable with the horse when there was trouble at home. They were very much a team and reins and restraints where not a part of how they worked.
I feel Lorenzo must spend all his time with the horses.
This is beautiful to watch, thanks for posting.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 11:17 AM
amazing

thank you for posting, am gonna show my girls they will love it
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 11:46 AM
The phrase "A relationship of pure understanding" which was used in the video says it all.They are linked with an amazing bond. A great video patch, thanks for sharing. Will show my youngest tonight.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2007, 11:50 AM
That was wonderful to watch. He clearly has a remarkable bond with his horses!
Becky
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >