Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 06:36 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, May 11

Good Morning all, Pooh bags and the way the are either hung on bushes and trees or thrown around really annoys me. I much prefer such lazy people to leave the poo to disintegrate by natural means than do that. Someone has the habit of placing their black pooh bags up against my back wall and they are only about 100 ft from the nearest pooh bin, doesn't make sense.

Sorry your bone run wasn't as successful as you had hoped, June. Hope your back and knees are ok this morning. Griff do hope your back is easing a bit.

LG, so glad the new worker and his family have settled in well.

Mandy I hope your hip is on the improve now.

Lynn and Harvey hope both the boys legs are improving. and both you yourselves are keeping well.

Norma and cd1 hope all is well north of the border with yourselves and your four legged friends.

Nippy Jen and Brian and Brenda all south of the border hope you are all well and your four legged friends too.

Have a good day everyone, take care, stay warm and dry despite the weather and above all stay safe and well, God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 08:47 AM
Morning Moyra, ooooo i would set up a camera and catch the lazy s*d and post it all over social media and shame them Lol i really do get quite annoyed about litter and dog mess and rudeness oh and lateness Lol...i am just grumpy!
I booked a fella to come ad fetch my fencing and posts and take it literally 10 mins up the road...he charged me £30!!!!!! anyay, he was booked for 10.30, he turned up at 9.20!!!! he took the stuff and then i had to message louise and hope that either her sister her parents or her were about...luckily both her and her sister were up and she is chuffed to bits as she can repair lots of her fence panels...my dad won't even notice it has gone Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Nigel appeared together with turf about half an hour ago, and to think I was going for grass seed today. Heavy rain this morning, may well have rained most of the night by the looks of it, so it was boots trakkie bottoms and coat when handing out brekkies to the girls. Seems to have stopped now, still means I am back to wellies and coat for walks when I have finally been able to go out without wellies or boots, trainers are so much easier on the feet. Hoping it stays dry the rest of the week.
Turf will take on the wet mud at least.
Got the paint ready for the concrete fenceposts which I have been wanting to get done the last few days,it was too hot to stay out long in Monday and yesterday it started raining
I see Scotland finally got sunshine and hot weather, possibly followed by the seemingly endless rain. Still feels warm here though
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Good morning Moyra and everyone who follows,
It's warm but very rainy here, feels a bit stormy though.
I'm waiting in for a mattresse to be delivered, hopefully it will come before I go to work. I shall get them to take it straight upstairs. Will see about getting Rosie out for a proper walk if it stops raining. Lauryn is going to get her hair cut then will pop in and let Maggie out.
Right need to go get stuff done
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Ooh hello Griff and Moyra,
Glad your fencing got fetched Griff and that your turf has arrived TW
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 09:38 AM
Well, that was a bit of luck TW, at least he arrived before you fetched the grass seed!!! we have rain here too
Mandy, hope your mattress arrives before you head off to work
Phone just went, local number so i answered thinking it may be the vet on a different line...nope, some indian woman demanding to know who i was?? i am not great with accents so kept sort of saying pardon, she was soooo rude, eventually she said she had the wrong number
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed.
Rained in the night again and up till about 9.30 this morning now it is muggy and sunny so Dillon and I are not long back from our stroll.

Good Nigel has turned up to do the turf. Hate when delivery says a time and then turn up early or late. Enough to make anyone grumpy griff.
Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.

I am hoping I haven't upset the natives got tackled about the building and access road just now. Very difficult to have a conversation with someone who speaks quietly strong Norfolk accent and traffic going past every few minutes plus he has a very snappy terrier that always wants to fight Dillon so we were not getting to close. I happened to say not sure why people would object as it won't affect down your road but forgot till I got in there will be 3 houses being built on the land at the back of some of the bungalows although I feel pretty sure it will not affect them and the barn is already there for conversion.
I did say if it had of been a housing estate we would of not been prepared to of sold our bit of land. As we went to walk away he extended his dogs lead and it turned round and made a beeline for Dillon growling. I pulled Dillon away as well as muttering under my breath.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Lynn, you can only hope he doesn't object...if he does i think you have to be pretty solid as to why you object, you can't just say well i don't want houses here, you have to give very valid reasons, the council here just seem to let people build what they like here...especially jaguar land rover
my back is sore but i am trying not to take the diazepam, the Dr said if i could get away with leaving off it i should so i am going to try with just the codeine and paracetamol...i feel so sad for the dogs as i can't walk them just glad i have the garden
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Good afternoon

Hope your mattress arrives before you leave for work Mandy

Hurrah Nigel has arrived with turf at lest it will be well watered today June so save you a job.

I think they will have to have a very good case to object as just saying it will block their view doesn't wash round here. Hope all goes well for you Lynn.

Good that your fencing was collected Griff but he certainly knows how to make money Hope your back improves soon.

Dull and misty here today. Sun did try to break through but no luck. Had a walk into the village today to sort out Barry's glasses which we ordered some weeks ago. It turns out he ordered the frames and then forgot what they were for and put them in a drawer. Great apologies given but as it was done over the phone it was easily done. Also been busy making another batch of meat a d apple pies so now ready for son to appear for another stock up

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Turf is all laid now, gave Nigel a cup of tea and 2 painkillers for his back, charged me £30 so cannot grumble at that. Window cleaner appeared at exact same moment, so he's had £20 as well. Not much in my purse till Friday, in fact about 30p if that, got food in and no need to go anywhere till I draw my shopping money on Friday.
Stopped raining shortly after, all girls been out as well. Yard and kennels been sorted and I'm having a butty and cup of tea before I make a start on the painting of concrete posts. I'll do an hour maximum then stop.
Lynn you can understand someone not wanting more houses, I've been the same about Mercman building - or rather getting planning permission to build - in such a small village as we are now in the ridiculous position in the village where local children who's ancestors went to the village school, cannot get in, due to the massive estate been built where the electricity cooling towers were, without anyone giving any regard to the impact on the 2 very small local schools. Its impossible to get in to see a doctor in less than about a week, before that estate went up there were no problems at all. Two or three houses is not a lot, but its like the straw breaking the camels back. I can also understand your situation as it will really help with your very restricted access to your own house, its been made worse I think because you are newcomers and you've changed what has been in place for years.
Nigel was saying this morning he doubts very much if the houses that Mercman has proposed will ever get built because of the land being a victim of the floods this winter, we can but hope!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >