Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 08:57 AM

Do you think this is enough?

Right is my OH's birthday on the 20th and I am planning a suprise party for him, but getting him some pressies too.

Now his parents are massive let downs and never really do much/give him much for his birthday, and to be quite honest, are a waste of space. So I want to really spoil him this year, so far ive got him

2 t-shirts
some stickers for his car
a new zippo lighter
adopted a turtle on behalf of him (cause he desperatly wants a turtle but we dont have space for the tank )

Im also having a custom car cake made for his party of on of his cars he has at the moment (Mk 2 Celica Supra)

Ive organised food and decorations and have told him im taking him out for a posh meal on his birthday

Do you guys think this is enough? I kind of dont feel like ive got him enough (bearing in mind he bought me my mercedes estate for my birthday lol )

What do you think?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 09:01 AM
OH spoils me on birthdays/Christmases so sometimes I feel my gifts pale in comparison but OH spends that money because he has it spare and likes to see me happy. He loves the thought I put into presents even if they don't cost quite as much - for example, I bought him a domain name and made him a website for his birthday, it cost relatively little but he wanted a website for his music so he loved it. I'm sure your OH will appreciate everything - the turtle gift is a lovely personal thing, ditto to the cake
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Sounds to me as if you have put a lot of care and thought into it and that is what is most important, not the amount or value. Hope he has a lovely birthday. xx
eyescrye
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2011, 10:01 AM
That all sounds great and the turtle adoption is a great idea,some friends of mine bought me an acre on the moon,its genuine,and wasnt expensive about £25,you can also buy titles like lord etc...i am sure with all the care you are putting in he will love them all,so when is the invite for the party,hahaha.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Thankyou guys, Just worrying a bit thats all!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Some really thoughtful pressies there PoB, I'm sure he will be dead chuffed.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 02:10 PM
The cake sounds amazing! Please post a picture
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Some really thoughtful pressies there PoB, I'm sure he will be dead chuffed.
Thankyou, hes funny with stuff like this. He has aspergers and ADHD so cars are his obssesion and it has taken over his life... he eats, sleeps and breathes cars, works as a mechanic and every other conversation we have is about one car or another. Though he is getting better with the mushy stuff

However no one in his family could give a damn. Last year his mum forgot while his sister gets a 4 and a half grand beetle!

Im hoping he will enjoy being spoilt. I asked him a while back what he wanted to do for his birthday and he answered me seriously, by saying ' nothing cause I dont have any freinds '

Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
The cake sounds amazing! Please post a picture
haha i will! Talking to some people today to get quotes!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Do you guys think this is enough? I kind of dont feel like ive got him enough (bearing in mind he bought me my mercedes estate for my birthday lol )

What do you think?
OK you asked for opinions and I have to say I think you're comming at this from the wrong angle.

Respect, even love, does not rely on the quantity and value of what is given to ones partner, IMO you've got him more than enough and to compare it to Mercedes estate car is like comparing a jumbo jet with the Kohinor diamond, they are completely different and there's little point in just looking at the monetery value of things, such an attitude is not going to help in your future together.

If he loves you he should be more than happy with any ONE of those presents.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Absolutely loads hon - he'll be chuffed to bits, I'm sure

x0x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >