05-07-2011, 01:44 PM

Food poisoning

How can u get over it?

Do u just have to ride it out?x
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Afraid so! Just keep yourself well hydrated, and have gentle meals to go easy on your digestive system. If you don't seem to be getting any better, it may be worth a doctors trip just to be safe.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Food-po...Treatment.aspx
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Water i can handle but food is a no go, im pretty sure that double cheesburger yesterday did it

Damn u mcdonalds x
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 02:01 PM
You have my sympathy, I managed to undercook a meaty pizza and felt sooo ill, I thought I was dying. Luckily I was temporarily living back with my mum and she did a great job cooling me down with damp flannels and fetching hot water bottles for my sore tummy. Even in your 20s, there's nothing like "mummy power" as a good cure
If you do think it was the McDonalds you could approach your doctor in regards to giving a sample and reporting it But that does mean pooing in a pot!
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 02:04 PM
O/h has got a day off thankfully so im rotting in bed with pints of water and the laptop lol

It was the only thing i ate yesterday i dont normally touch and within a few hours felt a bit dodgy, it was very hot yesterday so it might be a mix of things all i can say is i am not well x
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 03:09 PM
There are various types of food poisoning and it may be totally unrelated to the last thing you ate as different bacteria have different incubation periods if you like.

A lot of people will point the finger at the last thing they ate when actually it could be THEMSELVES not washing their hands properly after going to the toilet, touching a dog etc (I am sure that is not the case with you).

Fluids - best things is something like Dioralyte if you can stand the taste!

Live yoghurt and banana will provide pre and probiotics.

I always have some probiotic capsules to hand.

AVOID like the plague milk, cheese, butter, coffee, eggs.

Weak black tea with sugar is good, green even better.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Im only going on food poisoning as the midwife said thats what it was, as i dont usually feel like death

and to be honest im only blaming maccy's as it was the one thing out the ordinary i ate yesterday, im probably just being mean but what ever it is, its not pleasant

P.s i never wash my hands (im kidding before people think im gross) x