Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
It was worth every last Shekel to pay my lawyer to make out a legal Will and a legal Power of Attorney, which cannot be contested! And when I say cannot, I do mean CAN NOT!

The only one who is important to me is my beloved Pereg, and should I pre-decease her she will be cared for by people she knows, at a place she knows, and where I know she is happy - the Dog Pension where she goes for occasional daycare and for emergency stays. They know she is now epileptic but to them it does not matter.

They will adopt her as one of their own, just as they treat her as one of their own when she has been for daycare.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm sorry you are feeling so low Jen. I think its natural after going through your op, hoping that would be an end to the pain and its not. But don't expect too much too soon, it will get there.
I have an elderly friend who had a knee replacement a few months ago and she was down afterwards as she expected quicker results, but now it is good and she can't wait to have the other knee done in August as that is constantly swollen and giving her terrible pain.
Try to look at each day of pain as a day less you have to go through again and as a day nearer being pain free.
In the meantime I prescribe chocolate and lots of it and don't feel alone with your pain, we are always here for you.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 07:44 AM
You are all so kind.
I think I am just so impatient, I want to be doing things and on the go. I thought 5 or 6 weeks of uninterrupted Dogsey would be fun, but I'm afraid its not
Hubby is walking Peps and then we are going to have a full English so that should make me feel better

I have calmed down about the pup. She is a cutie. I have had a long talk with G-daughter. She seems to be fairly savvie about life with a pup. And she has pointed out she has now got a job and will save a bit each week for puppy-bills.
So many of you have been there from an early age so there is no reason why she shouldn't manage.

Oh and I love all my family beyond belief, except when I am fed up and miserable Certainly wouldn't be without any of them.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
You are all so kind.
I think I am just so impatient, I want to be doing things and on the go. I thought 5 or 6 weeks of uninterrupted Dogsey would be fun, but I'm afraid its not
Hubby is walking Peps and then we are going to have a full English so that should make me feel better

I have calmed down about the pup. She is a cutie. I have had a long talk with G-daughter. She seems to be fairly savvie about life with a pup. And she has pointed out she has now got a job and will save a bit each week for puppy-bills.
So many of you have been there from an early age so there is no reason why she shouldn't manage.

Oh and I love all my family beyond belief, except when I am fed up and miserable Certainly wouldn't be without any of them.
Good for you! We all have a whinge and a moan every now and then but it shows true character to rise above it all and look for the positives in people. Besides you've got some lovely granddaughters (;o) who were raised to know how to be responsible xx

p.s. a full English sounds wonderful! Enjoy a day in that lovely garden of yours, it's going to be a grand one! xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks Pidge.
I don't want to put you off Devon, but at the moment it is thick fog and I'm sat here in trousers and a warm cardie
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 07:54 AM
That's alright, it's set to change later today and I'm not there for another two weeks.

Besides, you can't eat a full English in a bikini, that would be just strange.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 08:18 AM
I missed this yesterday, Jen, but I am heartened to hear the smile is back in your words this morning......

x0x
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
You are all so kind.

That's great. As long as she can afford all the costs that go along with a puppy and realises the full time, 15 year plus committment of owning a dog - training, spaying, insurance, training, vaccinations, feeding etc - there is no reason why she shouldn't do well. Plus she has got you to guide her in the right direction.

It's not cheap to owrn a dog and it is time consuming (she might have to give up some of her social life, after all!) but they worth every penny of my hard earned and saved cash and my time. I wouldn't be without either of my babies and I would feed them before I fed myself if it came to it.

Have fun with the new puppy. Hope Pepsi likes her!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 10:16 AM
(((Hugs))) and setter-pointer kisses to you Jenny and we hope you feel better soon xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I missed this yesterday, Jen, but I am heartened to hear the smile is back in your words this morning......

x0x
Thanks Vicki, feeling much better today.

Westie G-daughter has a fair idea, they have had dogs all her life and she happily walks them etc.
Ranting about me paying for the dog was part of my paddy yesterday. Any additional costs at the end of the month and I will hear Mum can you lend me xxx

Originally Posted by Petticoat View Post
(((Hugs))) and setter-pointer kisses to you Jenny and we hope you feel better soon xx
Aaah those Setter kisses helped enormously
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >