View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Don't blame you, I would be FIZZING mad if it was me in your position and the relatives would know that as well. Surely they can and should be paying for their own dog? It's not your responsibility. They should take responsibility for the puppy themselves.

I got Molly when I was 18 as a 10 week old puppy, I'm not 25 and Molly is 8 in August. I've paid for them myself - and that includes insurance, training, feeding, etc, everything. I certainly wouldn't expect anyone else to pay for them!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
You cant choose family can you ,,'xx
Can't you? You can disown them though. Best thing I ever did with some of them!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Can't you? You can disown them though. Best thing I ever did with some of them!
I would love to be a fly on the wall when my offspring discover that!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I hope you feel better tomorrow, families who'd have them!

Maybe your grand daughter will surprise you, fingers crossed. Don't forget to share pics!
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Hope your knee op brings the benefits soon Jen , should do , just early days and hey families , they are sent to try us but we love them despite that, things will work out ok , take a raincheck for a week and sure things will look better, take care x
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by TomtheLurcher View Post
Hope your knee op brings the benefits soon Jen , should do , just early days and hey families , they are sent to try us but we love them despite that, things will work out ok , take a raincheck for a week and sure things will look better, take care x
Eh, no, we don't all feel like that! I'm glad they're out my life! And I certainly do not love them. I don't even like them.
eyescrye
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Im fairly mew on here but just wanted to say that im sorry you are feeling so rubbish,but just remember that we are entitled to feel sad,grouchy when we are unwell,and i know its hard when your independant(i was laid up for 4 months once)but try and change your thinking on it that its your time and your body has to just chill,,hopefully you will be feeling better soon..I had my first dog at 18 and only had myself to rely on and all was lovely,,but sometimes we all need a little bit of help or someone to rely on its what makes the world go around...she may be great with it...
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Sorry your feeling sown Jenny, must be frustrating with your knee & it is gonna take time, sending you some PMA, hugs Suzie & licks from Tilly xx
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 08:51 PM
You poor thing, there's nothing like constant pain to wear down the defences of even the most cheerful soul and sometimes an incident such as the new puppy can be the final straw which breaks open the dam. Tears can be a good thing.......well not for your eyes obviously, because those will be non existent tomorrow (hope you don't have a hot date with gorgeous George or anything).....because when the crying stops then sometimes there can be a sense of release and relief.

I do hope that your knee improves rapidly, but in the meantime try to enjoy the enforced rest; you know the sort of the thing - sitting watching Hickstead/F1/soppy films etc. etc. without the slightest twinge of guilt Borrow wonderful books that you can immerse yourself in.......anything to stop yourself dwelling on what you cannot do at the moment.

Oooh, just had a thought for an instant, free, soothing massage of that bad knee. How about smearing it with Pepsi's favourite something or other; marmite for example?!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I would love to be a fly on the wall when my offspring discover that!
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >