Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 12:25 PM

Please can I unload?

I am feeling so low today. Not sure why, probably a build up of several things.
My knee hurts, I can't get around or do things that I want to do, I can't stop crying
Now I have just heard that my Grand-daughter (1 has bought a puppy. A whim, her Dad only gave his permission last night and she already has it
None of them have any money and I know that if I want this dog well looked after it will be me footing the bill.
I feel so angry with them all.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Big hugs, hon.
Climb under a duvet and cuddle your dog?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Big hugs, hon.
Climb under a duvet and cuddle your dog?
I might just do that when I have finished this packet of custard creams
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Awww, bless you xx

If it's any consolation Jen, I get really grumpy about my legs, and when I had the ops on them I was unbearable, the pain and the fact that I can't get about is so depressing, I'm sure that's why you feel like you do.

Enjoy the custard creams...I always find a big bar of chocolate helps too
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I am feeling so low today. Not sure why, probably a build up of several things.
My knee hurts, I can't get around or do things that I want to do, I can't stop crying
Now I have just heard that my Grand-daughter (1 has bought a puppy. A whim, her Dad only gave his permission last night and she already has it
None of them have any money and I know that if I want this dog well looked after it will be me footing the bill.
I feel so angry with them all.
Jen I guess the first part of your problem may be due to a sense of anti climax, you anticipated the operation would bring relief from pain and it hasn't really happened yet. You just have to stop worrying about the things you can't do and look for something you can do

Not long ago I tore the meniscus in my knee and had three months of hell while it healed . Living alone I discovered there are some things you have to do and some you can learn to leave for later.

With regards to the family, I have also learnt whatever you say they will usually do what they want to do anyway
So take a step back/relax a little/make helpful suggestions while smiling through gritted teeth and hope that way you can make a difference.

Now listen to Aunty, go and make a cup of tea,take it into your beautiful garden with Pesi for half an hour and put an ice pack on your elevated knee
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Now you have made me cry even more, Mini, I can't carry the tea into the garden

I have seen a pic of the new pup and she is so lovely I'm not going to stay cross for long. Anyway it's not the pups fault is it.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Oh Jenny, you poor old stick. Is it because you didnt come first in that half marathon? Listen young lady, we are all allowed the odd off day. Today is yours so if you feel like crying and eating your body weight in custard creams then go with it. It must be frustrating that you're still getting pain following your surgery but stay up beat, it will get better. Big hugs to you my lovely, and go have another biscuit. xx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 01:33 PM
{{{{hugs}}} hun... frustration is a g*t xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2011, 02:40 PM
(((Hugs))). I really hope that knee starts to feel better soon and all goes well with the puppy. Xxx
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-06-2011, 03:04 PM
You cant choose family can you ,,'xx
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »