View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 10:40 AM

Stressed out and irritated all the time...........

I am constantly nagging and sniping at my OH and have been for the last couple of years. To be honest I thought it was because we are semi- retired and were spending too much time together, but having spent every waking and sleeping hour together for the past 20 years (we worked together) and getting along like a house on fire throughout the entire time I thought it was unlikely, although now we are totally focused on each other. It's like that old joke, only 2 things irritate me about him, everything he says and everything he does! I am now beginning (duh....) to think it might be menopausal...........what I am wondering is has anyone got any recommendations for any homeopathic remedies? I don't want to go down the druggy route. Has anyone been through the same thing and what did they do?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I would suggest popping to the doctors to be diagnosed anyway. My mum recently saw her GP as she was just getting so stressed out and snappy with my stepdad and his kids, even over little things. The doctor did tests for things like being peri-menopausal, aswell as thyroid issues (these can cause a change in behaviour). She also prescribed my mum a short course of antidepressants to take if the results came back clear. The results were clear but my mum managed to deal with some bigger issues and this helped lower the stress levels and she didn't need the antidepressants - but I think the fact that she had access if she needed them helped her too. You'd take antibiotics for a chest infection, so drugs for emotional issues isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I know lots of people have used Rescue Remedy with good success, might be worth a try
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi Black Cohosh is supposed to be quite good and Evening Primrose oil. If you are having mood swings St Johns Wort is good.

Hope you feel better soon.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I would suggest popping to the doctors to be diagnosed anyway. My mum recently saw her GP as she was just getting so stressed out and snappy with my stepdad and his kids, even over little things. The doctor did tests for things like being peri-menopausal, aswell as thyroid issues (these can cause a change in behaviour). She also prescribed my mum a short course of antidepressants to take if the results came back clear. The results were clear but my mum managed to deal with some bigger issues and this helped lower the stress levels and she didn't need the antidepressants - but I think the fact that she had access if she needed them helped her too. You'd take antibiotics for a chest infection, so drugs for emotional issues isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I know lots of people have used Rescue Remedy with good success, might be worth a try
Thanks for the reply. The trouble with going to the docs. is that over here it's quite stressful in itself!... very few of the Medics speak english and it's bad enough explaining about physical probs. let alone anything else. I know that I am going through the menopause and have been having hot flushes for the past 3/4 years mainly at night but nothing too major. I'll try Rescue Remedy, I have heard of it, a few g and t's definitely help but don't want to go down that road............lol

SB - thanks, have had a look at the link.... looks interesting.

greyhoundk - thanks, will try those as well, personally I feel okay, it's everyone else around me that's bonkers.......did I really say that????
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Be VERY careful with St Johns Wort, especially where you are!

It can cause extreme sun sensitivity!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post

Oh! thanks for that will be careful. I have actually just joined the forum that you mentioned and having read some of the postings don't feel quite so isolated. I think it might be really helpful. Hopefully too, just confronting it might help.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 09:05 PM
menopause matters is a great site im a member. ive learnt so much from there.
ive been meno for a long time now. was on hrt but after my heart probs i had to come off them. and found hrt just delayed the meno and wasnt helping me through it. so tried red clover that was great. sage is another good 1. black cohosh u have to be care as it can effect your liver. so good luck
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
menopause matters is a great site im a member. ive learnt so much from there.
ive been meno for a long time now. was on hrt but after my heart probs i had to come off them. and found hrt just delayed the meno and wasnt helping me through it. so tried red clover that was great. sage is another good 1. black cohosh u have to be care as it can effect your liver. so good luck
The forum I've just joined, not sure if it's the same one as you mentioned doesn't seem to be doing much so not finding it very helpful actually, but keep going back on to see if there is anything new happening there. Thanks for the advice. Good to know I'm not alone. x
cassidy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post

this is good advice , and its very true be careful
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >