View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Nope - the one from school we grew apart from and I finally cut all contact when she started making all the "you can only know love or be a person when you're a mummy" crap while knowing we'd had problems with fertility and miscarriages and she openly refused to even tone it down in my presence (she's also one who got rid of the dog when the kid came along and expected applause for doing it).

I get by - I don't do girlie chats well anyway and what do I have in common with the average 30 something woman anyway? I've got some incredibly good male friends but women... nah.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Im not known for being a person that dives into friendships
but My very best friend is Patrick, who knows me better than anyone and Hali (fiona) who befriended me from the very beginning of dogsey, have to say Hali has been my rock at times, we email each other regular and have had some lovely holidays with her in Scotland.

Elaineb and I meet on regular times she comes here and we go there, we often call each other sister

And Mad4Jacks who lives about 5 doors away who I see everyday and we seem to say the same thing at the same time.
I have met some lovely people on Dogsey and would never say No to meeting them again
I did have a best friend through school but once we both married back in our twenties we just grew apart.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I have 3 very close friends - all of whom live a fair way away! Sometimes we go for weeks (and in one case months) without speaking, but we then meet up or manage to chat and it is like we have been together the while time.

No 'one' best one - they are all best in their own ways
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 03:27 PM
I think my mum is probably my best friend.

We both like the same things and have the same goals/dreams.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Never had a best friend untill 2 years or so ago when I met my OH...

We just 'clicked'.

Never had close friends growing up; No one I could just go and talk to about things good or bad.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I do still consider that I have a best friend although I havent seen him for well over a year and we've kinda drifted apart. I've known him 8 years and we met in a MSN chat room when they were still going. There were alot of weirdos in these chat rooms but he really was a top bloke and I spent alot of time with him. We used to visit the zoo, the seaside, go to motorbike shows and just hang out.

I had a couple of boyfriends during those 8 years and for obvious reasons I saw him less but he never had a girlfriend. Anyway, he got himself one last year, I was still with my ex so we drifted apart. I miss him terribly but I dont contact him often because I know how difficult it is to sustain a close friendship with a person of the opposite sex when you have a partner.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Yes i have, we have been best friends since junior school. We are different in some ways but have similar out looks on life and we just seem to get on really well. We always have a laugh when we meet up and share the same sense of humour which helps and we can talk for hours about nothing really

She's hasn't really got much of an interest in dogs but she loves Ted and often comes on walks with us and comes with me to things like Crufts and the dogsey walk we went on. I've only a few friends as i find it quite difficult to really talk to people but its always been easy with Gem.
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Yes she is the sister I never had, we became friends when I was 9 and we came here from the Isle of Man when my parents split which was very traumatic. moving to Manchester froma tiny little Island takes some getting used to! , we have been friends ever since, she has proved to be my rock every single time I have needed her and I know she would say the same about me. She lived with me for 4 years when I split from my sons dad to help me get through my nurse training, we see each other at least twice a week and talk most days. I am godmother to her beautiful son and get on great with her husband.

I also have a couple of very close friends who I met during my nurse training, I don't have to see them constantly but when I see them its like I see them everyday.

The birthday card I got for my lovely best friend a couple of years said... I'll love you forever, you'll always be my friend... inside it... read because you know too much about me xxx
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-06-2011, 10:41 PM
My sister and two other people I can go to about anything. A best friend to me is on I can not speak to on s daily basis but I no if I rang needing help they would be there
ATD x
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3