Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2011, 04:10 AM

I'm getting divorced!

How quickly can a divorce go through? We have no children, no savings or assets. Our house is a council house in my name only. I am hoping the divorce can be over in 6-8 weeks? Is this possible or am I being a bit too optimistic?

Anyone had a quick, painless divorce?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 05:42 AM
Yep, I think it was even quicker - about 5 weeks as I remember, and there was some argument about assets.

Good for you honey xxxxx

madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 06:49 AM
I can't remember how long mine took now but the waste of space of a human being I was divorcing kept refusing to sign the papers, so I took them round to him myself in the end and made him sign them and then tood them back to my solicitor in person.
Good luck and hope you can make a fresh start and have a happy, lovely future ahead of you.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-06-2011, 09:07 AM
I divorced my Ex in a diy divorce and ours was a lot more complicated as we had property, money,pensions, investments etc etc but we agreed it all in advance and it went through very quickly. It does however take 6 weeks from decree nisi to decree absolute. Yours should be a doddle by comparison, mine gave me brain ache.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
How quickly can a divorce go through? We have no children, no savings or assets. Our house is a council house in my name only. I am hoping the divorce can be over in 6-8 weeks? Is this possible or am I being a bit too optimistic?

Anyone had a quick, painless divorce?
If you haven't got a soliciter I can recomment a BRILLIANT one in Truro---she gets stuck in and is very efficient. And no---she is not a friend---and I didn't use her!

rune
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
If you haven't got a soliciter I can recomment a BRILLIANT one in Truro---she gets stuck in and is very efficient. And no---she is not a friend---and I didn't use her!

rune
Can you pm me the details please Rune!

My divorce is just a case of signing on the dotted line and moving on! I am lucky there is nothing to complicate matters!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 10:17 AM

My divorce is just a case of signing on the dotted line and moving on! I am lucky there is nothing to complicate matters!
Mine was as simple as that...but he refused to sign, so far it's been nearly 3 years!
Will be taking it further soon, but ill health has gotten in the way up to now!
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2011, 10:22 AM
3 years??? OMG! I hope I dont have to wait that long!
Can't they be made to sign?

I am sorry about your health problems Hevvur. xx
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 04:04 PM

Lucky for you there are no complications Mine took around a year & I eventually stopped using my solicitor as it was costing me a fortune - about £75 per letter as we had kids, house, businesses. We ended up sorting things out ourselves.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post

rune
Yes do get intouch with her.....Rune put me in touch when I was having probs......she was lovely, she talked me through stuff and thanks to her Hubby and I are brill now

As for divorced I divorced my first hubby and it was quick around 10 weeks, the solicitor I used then also knew her stuff
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >