Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 10:05 AM

Lump under arm and mole to be removed!

I have had quite a morning at the doctors... I have to have a mole removed off my back and i have a swollen lymph node under my arm which i have to moniter. He doesn't think the mole is anything to worry about but would rather remove it. I have to keep an eye on the lump under my arm and go back in a few weeks if it's still there. I work for a cancer charity and i know it pays to be a bit paranoid but i am still scared! It'll probably be nothing but still...
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Hope removal of mole goes ok. I have had a few removed and it was a doddle. I am sure lump under the arm is nothing but I know it doesn't stop you worrying. Hopefully it will disappear.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear of your worries. I imagine it is only natural to be a bit apprehensive about the lump under your arm, but I really hope it is nothing to worry about.

I had a mole removed a few years ago and it was fine, so try not to worry about that.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2011, 08:13 PM
I used to have a huge mole on my back which was taken off, it turned out to be nothing to worry over, I just have to watch the sun on the scar.

As for the other hopefully its just because your down and it could be a slight infection....fingers xxxxxx for you
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks all. I'm sure it will turn out to be fine, think i must have health anxiety!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I think most of us would react the same way as you have, hon. It's natural to worry, especially when the "C" word pops into our heads.

Hope you get it sorted and it's nowt to worry about...

x0x
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks Vicki, I noticed another enlarged node under the same arm yesterday, I was on the phone to NHS 24 in a panic but the nurse was lovely and reassured me. I'll ask the doc to check it all on Friday when I'm in to have the mole removed (I have had one removed perviously). It's the lymph nodes which have me panicking. Feeling a bit calmer today thank goodness. Appetite is a bit better so I'm blaming that one on stress. Google has a lot to answer for! If I am ever ill again I will not be googling the symptoms!!!!!