Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by kobi View Post
Hardest thing for me is deciding if I need to pay the doctor a visit. Is it just the hayfever symptoms are worse or playing up or if I have a second infection such as a cold or chesty bug.
Turns out i had a chest infection, It'd be worth going to the doc's just incase as they can give u some advice etc x
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 07:04 PM
I was like that a few weeks ago and nothing would touch it. I have now managed to find another local supplier of honey though and it has cleared it right up, my daughter is equally as bad and the honey has cleared hers up too.
It really does work but it has to have been produced by bees no more than a 5 mile radius from you.
I take a couple of dessert spoons of runny honey, straight off the spoon , as needed to start with (usually twice a day for a week) and then just take it if my hayfever starts again.
I normally find after a week I only need the honey every few days and slowly it gets longer between needing it.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2011, 07:18 PM
I usually get very very bad hayfever. And none of the other medication usually works but i also got telfast this year and its been a god send. Its brilliant. I still have to use drops 3 tiems a day and a nasel spray twice a day but i dont get that god awful feeling like ive been hit by a base ball bat in the morning. No sinisitus anymore and im just so much better off now. Seriously consider asking your doctor about it. Its the only thing that has ever worked for me. Trust me to find it at 27years old. Grrr
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Doctors today.
Course of antibiotics.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I wor,k outside and at agolf course so every day they cut the greens and it kills me 2 years ago I actually ended up in A&E as I was wheezing so much and my skin all came out in hives as well (and it was just hayfever)

I used to get Telfast, Sodium chromoglycate eye drops and beconase nasal spray all on prescription from the docs but when I started this severe reatction he prescribed me Prednisolone and Telfast (but back to a single tablet a day and not 2) and still my eye drops and honestly it works.

I have to take the Prednisolone for a week then stop and that course sees me through the season he can only give me 1 course a year but it actually makes it bareable to go outside and I don't look like I have been crying for about a month and nor do I want to stick whatever I can find down in my ears (they used to get so itchy right inside where you can't itch!)
But I totally sympathise with anyone who suffers it's horrible
Aard
New Member!
Female 

09-06-2011, 01:04 PM
I am a newbie here at the forum, but have to answer because allergies are my theme for years now and it looks as if I have some brothers and sisters in this forum
It is so important to have a good medication and to know which allergies you have, cause when you just drink tea and do nothing else, the allergies can make real problems, you have to deal with the rest of your life, for example asthma. It is really dangerous not to medicate allergies.
I use tablets, nasal spray, eye drops, an allergic asthma spray, make a special diet, sleep in hypoallergenic bedding covers etc. What helped me very good with hayfever was a nasal douche (found it here: purenature24.co.uk), it is a strange feeling, but it helps And acupuncture and even hypnosis work very well. Main point is to do something that helps! Hate these times in spring and summer, when I can't get outside, because of a high pollen concentrations
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-06-2011, 02:15 PM
theres a few nasal douche products.Some using very exotic salts only mined in Russian mines or such like.
neti pot is probably the original I think it has its origins in hinduism/yoga.
Salts are antiseptics and should help.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3