Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I think i'll go for the tea
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 03:16 PM
I found that acupuncture helped me with my hayfever... I used to have to take time off work with it, and I've not even taken an antihistamine this year yet. I had 3 sessions last year, which included needles in my face, head, hands and feet.

Also, removing as much dairy from your diet as possible - it increases catarrah, so makes you really stuffed up. I also cut out bread (as I used to eat lots!) which helped.

I was really sceptical about the acupuncture at first, but couldn't get over how well it and the diet changes have worked.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Well im currently sat with tissues shoved up my nose

Im at work later so trying to look half alive as i dont think my customers want scaring while eating a meal

Im willing to try anything for this as its rediculous x
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I dont really eat dairy, hate milk & only take it in tea & only small desertsp at that. Im sitting out in garden having wrestled with the parasol to get it up - cord went off the rollers ... Grr. Sat here coughing away i wont stay out long but its nice to feel the sun again, have to suffer a bit for it
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 09:02 PM
hay
nothing really worked, although a few tips which helped me a little dont dry bedding or towels on the line. wash the dogs if they go on grass. air purifeier for the bedroom. go out with wet hair if the pollen is high. use the optrex eye wash out of the fridge if my eyes were bad.

From the docs i had:
eye drops 4xday
telfast 180 2xday (although the normal dose is 1xday)
flixonase or beconase nasel spray
a tablet for astma
blue inhaler (as and when)
brown inhaler 250 (4puffs 2xday for 2weeks then 2puffs 2xday)

I got this after kicking up a stink coz one doc told me to stay indoors, windows and doors shut, and stay away from animals which i cudnt do due to working in a kennels, having animals and it being the middle of summer and wanted fresh air in the house.

dont let the docs fob you off jump up and down and stamp your feet till they take you on, i have found some docs think hayfever is an inconvienice rather than a major problem that it can be. I had to stop breathing in my sleep due to my astma kicking off before they took me seriously.
ATD x
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Use benadryl & a beconase spray.
Usually effective even though I now take them all year round and have lost any sense of smell.
This year seems to be very bad and I can be very wheezy , short of breath and dry chesty cough after I have walked the dog.
Might go to doctors and see what my next step can be.
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Turns out its a touch of hayfever with a chest and sinus infection

But atleast i have some new hints n tips off here, thanks guys xx
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
I've never tried it, I have heard about a injection you can get have you heard about that?x
I actually asked about this last year and was told by my GP that she would not give it to me unless I was suffering so badly that I couldn't take my exams! Apparently it is a steroid injection so very potent and can do damage if taken year after year. As my GP put it, they will only give it to you if you have an important event coming up (such as exams, a wedding) and you're really really suffering.
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Hardest thing for me is deciding if I need to pay the doctor a visit. Is it just the hayfever symptoms are worse or playing up or if I have a second infection such as a cold or chesty bug.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >