Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 11:40 AM

Hayfever!!

My good god i look like i've been smacked in the face

I've suffered for years with it and it started to get better as i got older but since i've moved to Norfolk its come back with a vengance,

Nothing over the counter works so i get perscription pills and drops but again they are loosing there power over the dreaded allergies

When i come back in from taking the dogs out i have to dunk my face in cold water n sniff up to clear my face im sure my o/h thinks im bloody mental

Im even allergic to the dogs now which is just marvelous, I know its such a trivial health problem but its really bloody irritating especially as i love being out in the sun x
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Wot do u use? I was like that but went on telfast from the docs and was ace although I was on double dose lol
ATD x
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 11:49 AM
God now your asking lol I'm going back 2morrow anyway as i cant stand sniffing and sneezing anymore.

Did u find any old fashion remedy's work for u? like honey from local bee's etc etc?

Nothing like that has ever worked for me and im just wondering if they are old wives tales and hold no substance to it x
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 01:51 PM
I suffer really badly from hayfever too so I feel your pain It takes all the fun out of summer and ruins dog walks!

I always thought the idea about honey was an old wives' tale but a friend of mine tried it last summer and it did wonders for her. I know she still had to take tablets and eye drops/nose spray along with it but it did make her hayfever a lot better than normal

The only thing is that you have to start taking it before hayfever season (My friend started taking it in December) and it supposedly has to be local honey!
Jem
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 01:52 PM
I've never tried it, I have heard about a injection you can get have you heard about that?x
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Allergies are very bad this year! The vet started Katie off on a much stronger antihistamine which is taking the edge off hers, its prescription only - Atarax. People drug, you could ask your doc about something like that

I take Loratadine - one a day, either Galsud or Sudafed for congestion & before bed a dose of Covonia catarrah cough bottle, its herbal so no probs there & its quite good during night

Yes it has to be local honey which can be hard to get. You can get capsules called Bee Propalis - Holland & Barrat do them (they sell online) & its very effective, however its expensive
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2011, 02:09 PM
stinging nettles
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
stinging nettles
What do you do with them
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
What do you do with them
roll them up between yr fingers to remove the sting and then eat them
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
roll them up between yr fingers to remove the sting and then eat them
I can see a few stingy fingers along the way. Would nettle tea be effective?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >