Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
One again, thanks guys for being there.

Upadate

Lester has started his chemo. He had the first lot on thursday, intraveinus (sp) and tablets, next week it's just the tablets, then a week off and then it starts all over again.

He seems fine in himself but then that's Lester. He don't really say much, it's his wife that I worry about funnily enough as she just will not show her feelings. I have said to her "come round here and have a whinge, beat the walls etc" but she just says that if she starts then she's scared she won't stop and that she needs to be strong for him. I worry about her mental health as I feel she needs an outlet otherwise she is going to blow.

So I'm spending a lot of my time at her house with them both. So apologies for not being on here as much but I do nip in now and again.

H....ring me monday

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thinking of you Elaine x Sounds like your brother's wife has gone into autopilot - it is a way of coping in difficult times. They both lucky to have to there for them - just being there & knowing there's a shoulder to cry on can make all the difference. Must be very hard on you to - look after yourself xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks Suzie

It helps just being on here sometimes, it's a shame I don't have the time like I used to, what with looking after Carl, the dogs and being there for Rose and Lester...well you know

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2010, 03:20 PM
I hope your okay Elaine? Have missed you recently!!
(((HUGS))) to you, Lester and Rose xxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
I hope your okay Elaine? Have missed you recently!!
(((HUGS))) to you, Lester and Rose xxxx
Am still here, of and on claire, don't have much time as I would like now to spend catching up.

xxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 05:50 PM
Update:

Lester went for the results of his halfway through scan today. Well it's good news! the tumours have not grown, (not shrunk either) but more importantly they have not grown. In fact the oncologist said that the two tumours on his adrenal glands don't look as dense.

So he will finish this course with 4 more rounds of chemo, then he will have a few weeks off and then start another round of a new kind of chemo. don't know all the details yet but at least we will have more time with him that we originally feared.

Thanks for all the support, will keep you posted

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 07:11 PM
That's much better news than you were all probably expecting, and it could mean that with the further treatment those tumours could go down, or hope upon hope disappear altogether! You gotta have hope Elaine, keep up the good work giving your tremendous support as I know you are, and all the very best to him. Keeping everything on constant for even better news further on down the line. Sorry you can't get on here much nowadays, we miss ya!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2010, 09:01 PM
All the best for your brother-in-law, Elaine. Healing vibes for him. xx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That's much better news than you were all probably expecting, and it could mean that with the further treatment those tumours could go down, or hope upon hope disappear altogether! You gotta have hope Elaine, keep up the good work giving your tremendous support as I know you are, and all the very best to him. Keeping everything on constant for even better news further on down the line. Sorry you can't get on here much nowadays, we miss ya!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks mate, at least I know your here when I need you, you can give us a ring in the week so we can catch up. By the way did I leave my hairdryer in the van? It's a big grey one, dead old but I love it!! Can't think where it is and the last place I remember was in the van, just show how often I blow my hair lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
All the best for your brother-in-law, Elaine. Healing vibes for him. xx

Thanks Nic I will pass on your good wishes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Aw Elaine I am so happy to be reading the news that the tumours appear to be less dense and that they havn't grown.

It must be a relief for you and of course his wife.

Still sending healing thoughts and vibes
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >