Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 08:24 PM

And yet more internet shopping nonsense

Found Mrs S' xmas pressie online (eventually) - delivery charge £4.95 (which I think is theft). Just had an e-mail off the supplier, saying that because I'm in Orkney, the courier charge will be £11! This is, of course, a total rip-off, and I've told them so. It is nothing short of STEALING.

Who the hell needs a courier? What's wrong with Royal Mail - they go everywhere, every day, without the poncy trimmings, perhaps, but they get the job done, and for a reasonable charge - not like these Johnny-come-lately Dick Turpins.

Thieves, the whole ******* lot of them.

Snorri
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Gosh! Thats a rip off!! Good for you on telling them so!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:33 PM
thats a shame. hope u get some thing sorted out soon.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Give it to them tight Snorri,good for you,xxxxxxxxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
delivery charge £4.95 (which I think is theft). Just had an e-mail off the supplier, saying that because I'm in Orkney, the courier charge will be £11!
Who the hell needs a courier? What's wrong with Royal Mail - they go everywhere, every day, without the poncy trimmings, perhaps, but they get the job done,

You and me both Snorri. I have great problems ordering smallish stuff from UK suppliers. If it's under 2Kg. Royal Mail can send it to me for 8 quid. (12 if I want it signed for) I once wanted something under 2Kg. and costing 55 pounds for which the supplier wanted to charge 65 pounds delivery
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Aha! Well, I scoured around and found another site, where the item (a Dualit kettle - it's what she wants!) was cheaper and the delivery was FREE, so I've e-mailed the first site and told them to stuff it, and why. Incidentally, the first site was in Scotland, wanting £11; the "new" one is London-based and will do it for nowt. Go figure.

Not only are these courier companies ripping us off, they're taking business from Royal Mail, too, which used to be (and OUGHT to be) OURS.

SAY NO to privatisation and legalised theft!

Snorri
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 04:38 AM
I've just ordered some coffee from Bettys by Post - delivery charge was £7. The order was £7.50........
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Just had another e-mail from the first site (the rip-off), blaming Parcelforce (Royal Mail?) for the £11 charge. Quite frankly, I don't believe it.

Incidentally, I buy wine occasionally, from "Laithwaites": their charge is £5.99 per delivery NOT per case - they would (theoretically, anyway) send a lorryload for £5.99!

Anyway, at the end of it all, Mrs S will get her pressie at a more reasonable price (by no means cheap, but more reasonable!)

Snorri
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Give them hell snorri ebay is terrible to, my oh ordered a battery relay switch, it cost 99p and delivery was wait for it................................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...........£10
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Just had another e-mail from the first site (the rip-off), blaming Parcelforce (Royal Mail?) for the £11 charge. Quite frankly, I don't believe it.
This is the problem I believe Snorri, many suppliers think ParcelForce is the same as Royal Mail and it aint

They (The supplers that is) could use Royal Mail but will likely have to take the goods to the Post Office and they don't like doing that I can't think why 'cos they could consolidate all their small packets and do just one visit a day which wouldn't hurt them.

Parcelforce are just like DHL / TNT and all the other 'courier' parcel services
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >