Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2010, 02:42 PM

Buying new bed

I'm looking for a new bed for my dog, we currently have this one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...tm#producttabs and I may buy this one again but was wondering if there are any other good beds out there.

So many beds I feel, the padding is not substantial. I like a bed that when you press down you cannot feel your hand on the other side. We are looking for a thick padded/duvet type, not a donut etc. Also do not want to pay loads, I'll go up to £30 for a good bed.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 02:59 PM
I use a normal oval plastic bed and then I buy a tesco value duvet for just over £3 put an old quilt cover on it double it up and hey presto a lovely soft bed they can sink into.
It can also be used directly on the floor without the plastic bed, very cheap and very snuggly and easily washed.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Just an idea but a friend of mine bought one of the beds similar to the one in your link & when it had been used for a while & the padding had settled down & gone flatter, she bought a cheap single duvet, & stuffed it into the the case to pad it out again.
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2010, 03:13 PM
We tried doing that with an old duvet but somehow she scratched it up into a big lump during which she ripped the original cover! She's a little monkey! A plastic bed would be no good as she likes to stretch out full length and doesn't like 'sides' on her bed.

I guess what we want is a bed where the filling can't be disorted when she tries to dig? Is such a thing available?
loupoppins
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I bought one of these: http://www.furbabies.co.uk/standard-...eds-p-240.html for Bella a couple of weeks ago.
It is nicely padded and looks like the padding wont go flat or squash out to the sides. You can also buy extra covers seperately,handy for washing!
So far I'm very pleased with it for the money,and Bella loves it!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Hi i actually have two of the RSPCA beds, not had them long but not that impressed tbh. I got them from Argos as well but when you get them they are vacuum packed and folded in half so when they are fully puffed up there is a flat bit with no wadding where its been folded.

They don't have proper foam pads in just a papery cover with wadding inside which unforunately is lumpy. The only good thing about them is the cover zips off for washing.

I think i may invest in a raised hammock type bed which a few people have recommended either that or a better quality bed with a faux leather cover so you can just wipe it down.

I have just looked on the Furbabies site that Loupoppins recommends and the hammock beds on there look good - replaceable covers and "virtually indestructible" it says ! i would probably put a duvet or something on the top for extra comfort.
leopard_print
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Yes that papery cover got ripped straightaway. I liked the thickness of the bed but that was all, its gone lumpy pretty quickly.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-03-2010, 03:51 PM
I have been using these beds for some time now and have them in my kennels,crates in my van and indoors.They have various sizes and you can get spare covers that wash up excellent plus extra padding.Iv'e tried lots of beds over the years and have found these to be extremely hard wearing and value for money....Cheers...Ian.
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/BUSY-B..._fsubZ15671519
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Just had a quick look at those beds on ebay IanOW recommends - they look very good value for money !
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2010, 04:03 PM
I use these:

www.tuffies.co.uk

They are a bit more than your budget (well, depending on what size you get) but worth the money IMO. They are waterproof, do not smell and best of all, do not go flat. The average dog would also be hard pushed to put a scratch in the material. You can add a soft covering on top too if the dog prefers it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >