Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 02:31 AM

Pensioner Evicted From Crufts

saw this on gsd data base

I feel totally humiliated. At 76 years old and what? 40 years in the breed? Because a kennel club official and their Vet said my 5 month old baby GSD was unsound and they did not want her to be on a display team which the members of the public would see and which the K.C. felt was not the "sort of German Shepherd" they wanted the General Public to see I was asked to leave. Yes... Get out FAST ... leave the show. No questions of not going in the team again but "Get Out" ... LEAVE" How humiliating is that? A 5 month old baby? Loose yes ... Unsound at 5 months? possibly but 110% sound in character, 110 % sound in working ability - exactly WHAT are the K.C. looking for? Here we have 110% soundness of character - even the KC Official said that - but because she is a baby and loose I get banished from Crufts 2010. For my part - lets get away from this bureaucracy and stupidness. We can do without it.

An emotionally shattered and humiliated lifelong GSD enthusiast
i thought it best not to include her name.
however there is a face book support group on the Kennel club page
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Poor woman being sent home . Surely they could have let her stay just not take part in the display team.

I did think there was a minimum age for dogs at crufts . I know they have to be 9 months to be shown in the breed rings and a friend does the discover dogs stand for her breed was told she couldn't take her 5 month old pup a few years ago. She was told the age limit also applied to discover dogs so surely it should also apply to the display teams.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 07:45 AM
why was such a young dog there to start with?

to say its sound in working ability? how can you its just a baby
what sort of display team was she part of?

also what did she mean by it was loose?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Still she took a LAME dog to crufts?

A 5 month old baby? Loose yes ... Unsound at 5 months? possibly

I think she could have stayed & showed the GP the temperment, but tbh was selfish taking a lame dog in the first place.

I do think she def shouldnt have been kicked out....but she shouldnt have taken a lame dog to crufts, thats very selfish
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Still she took a LAME dog to crufts?

A 5 month old baby? Loose yes ... Unsound at 5 months? possibly

I think she could have stayed & showed the GP the temperment, but tbh was selfish taking a lame dog in the first place.

I do think she def shouldnt have been kicked out....but she shouldnt have taken a lame dog to crufts, thats very selfish
so true, tbh we dont know how lame the dogs was, it may have been dragging its legs for all we know? Im assuming it must have been pretty bad to have been asked to go?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Surely a 5 mth old should not be doing any kind of display work at Crufts..don't they have to qualify like obedience/agility/field work and such
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I dont think display teams have to qualify, but dont quote me on that, I would think though that they would still need to adhere to rules and regulations,

I bet the rest of her team are not pleased at her making such a big fuss of things,
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Im reasonably sure at 5mths, he shouldnt of been there at all! As far as Im aware, 6mths is the youngest?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I dont think display teams have to qualify, but dont quote me on that, I would think though that they would still need to adhere to rules and regulations,

I bet the rest of her team are not pleased at her making such a big fuss of things,
No,you may be right, but even then surely a club would have rules as to the age of its competitors.. not sure??.
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2010, 09:25 AM
The baby was in the Good Citizen display team & wasn't lame but "loose". Many Shepherd Pups are loose in their hocks 'til they muscle up.

This lady has been in the breed for over 40 years & gave up her time to support the G.C scheme...disgusting way to treat anyone.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »