View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 07:49 PM
If you do use the royal canine check with your vet about the calcium as I've seen dogs with bone problems caused by overdosing on calcium so the calcium vitamin D balance was wrong & I think rhis food has added calcium & vitD.though you'd need to check as its a while since I saw the literature. If you carry on with your ordinary food I'd use a calcium sup though but make sure its a well balanced one don't try adding calcium only.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 07:54 PM
so sorry hun had a feeling whe i read little one was limping could of done some thing a bit mre than a strain, well big hugs from my group and let us now how he goes.

sam
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for all your replies, I've just started a 15kg bag of Eukanuba large breed puppy food, will have to check the label about calcuim levels but think it may be a good thing for him. Cant believe this as happened he was only running round in the garden nothing to strenous, he's definatley not on full par he wont leave my side and where i go so does max so im trying to limit my movements!

we dont have a crate but he spends his time in the kitchen when we are out and at night so can keep a eye on him during the day.

Thanks again, i just feel such a bad mother i left him overnight and morning limping and now look.. he just sits and looks at me with those sad eyes. i could cry.
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 08:06 PM
u are not a bad mother, as you said you thought it was a slight strain and any of us could of said that so please done beet your self up over it hun.

you did the right thing you asked advice we gave you some and you took him to the vets so you have done every thing you can.

just enjoy the time you have while he is a bit slower...lol

you have di=one every thing right so be proud of your delf hun

sam
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by mj View Post
Thanks for all your replies, I've just started a 15kg bag of Eukanuba large breed puppy food, will have to check the label about calcuim levels but think it may be a good thing for him. Cant believe this as happened he was only running round in the garden nothing to strenous, he's definatley not on full par he wont leave my side and where i go so does max so im trying to limit my movements!

we dont have a crate but he spends his time in the kitchen when we are out and at night so can keep a eye on him during the day.

Thanks again, i just feel such a bad mother i left him overnight and morning limping and now look.. he just sits and looks at me with those sad eyes. i could cry.
Hey you you are not a bad mum. You sought help, listened to advice and are doing everything you can to help. In my book that makes you a very good and caring mum

We are not all born with loads of knowledge about our dogs..just like everything else in life we have to learn and we never stop learning.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 03:14 PM
What a shame, don't blame yourself hun, just give him extra cuddle duddles always makes me feel better, you are doing everything you can for him and I'm sure with your care he will be ok, hugs to you both.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Ah poor max just seen this thread, hope he is ok.
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Any update on Max. I realise it's a week since your first post.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by mj View Post

Dont be hard on yourself, my two regularly bump themselfs and on the odd occasion they have a wee limp for a day or so, if I ran each time to the vet he's soon get sick of the sight of me, I normaly wait about the same time as you did, sometimes its just a wee twist that settles over night, rarely is it something as bad as you have had, you have just been unlucky, ps I also use Euky for the pups and to date have had no problems with it, hope things are better soon, shona x
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Awww Mel, I'm really sorry to be reading this about your lovely Max. Hope he's feeling better - sending big hugs to you both!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >