Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 11:19 PM

Dog Napping In Bristol - Be Aware

Anyone living in Bristol and surrounding area please be aware that in the last few weeks there has been a lot of dogs being pinched.

I know of 2 families close to me that have had there whippets stolen.

One family had 2 whippets and was also looking after there friends whippet. The lived in kennels in the garden. Surrounded by a high wall. The owner put them to bed and then went to bed herself. She awoke at 11pm to barking, ignored it at first and then went to see what was happening as she said "the barking changed and it alarmed her" she knew something was wrong.

When she went to the kitchen one of the dogs was out and franticly jumping up at the window, on running to the garden the other 2 dogs had been stolen.

the top cement trim on there wall, a bit had been removed so they must have climbed over, and they had cut all the kennel wire to get into it.

A week or so later a family across the road from her has also had there racing dogs stolen. I don't know the details but i know one has now been found and it was in a terrible condition.

I have now just watched are local news and there is this story on it, which tells you about a lady in bristol who payed a randsom for her dog that was taken outside of shops.

http://www.epost.co.uk/displayNode.j...entPK=18952162

SO JUST THOUGHT I WOULD UPDATE YOU ALL, PLEASE BE AWARE IT IS HAPPENING MORE AND MORE AND FOR SOME REASON THERE HAS BEEN MANY MORE IN THE BRISTOL AREA IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 08:18 AM
One reason why I don't like kennels and would never take my dog out where I couldn't be with them all the time.
We've had loads of lurcher types go missing round here too so it sounds like a specific type of dog is being stolen.
Wish the police would take it more seriously.
Becky
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Yer me to i wish the police would take it more seriously the only thing the police take seriously is speeding.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Wish the police would take it more seriously.
Becky
There's been a thread running on UK Workshop discussing the Police response to theft (Started after two members had all their tools stolen)

Several people have pointed out that Police now don't (usually) respond to theft calls. They will give out a 'crime number' for insurance claims but you might find your insurance company has declared your post code 'not valid for claims' and as we all know if you swat the b******s with anything more than a feather duster you'll be the one facing charges.

So, this guy on UKW said:-
No Police investigation (Thieves know this)
No Insurance cover (Not generally known)
No Ability to apprehend thieves (Because they'll cry 'more than reasonable force' and claim damages etc.)

So what can the law abiding citizens do

Your dogs belong to you just as much as cars, TV's, etc.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2007, 09:37 PM
rumour has it that the people stealing these dogs are part of a local gypsie camp but when police informed they apparently refused saying in conversation it was too dangerous for them.

Don't know how true this is as it is kind of hear say but i was told the local dogwarden was attacked on the same gypsy camp recently and refused to go there without police back up.