Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jas
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-07-2015, 10:20 AM

The Trust Technique

Ok so this particular post may not appear at first to be dog related but do read on as it can be applied to any animal, especially dogs!

So rewind to June this year and I booked for a weekend at Mane Chance Horse Sanctuary in Surrey where I went to learn the Trust Technique. Set in 60-odd acres of fields with around 20 horses, it was a wonderful place to learn this technique that can help animals heal and become more trusting of their human friends.

To put it simply, the Trust Technique is a way to bring the thinking level of animals down to a point where they are relaxed with you. All animals are highly sensitive to our emotions and thoughts so by helping them to relax we can not only bring them into a healing state, but also use it to help them overcome behavioural issues. This of course can be wonderful for dogs as we've all had dogs that need training for one reason or another!

At the horses sanctuary they work with horses that have come from unfortunate backgrounds, neglected, beaten or starved for instance. Using the Trust Technique is ideal for helping them heal from past traumas and physical issues.

I have written a more detailed blog post about my weekend at www.talkingtoanimals.co.uk/the-healing-power-of-the-trust-technique so please have a look. In that post I also talk about how it was applied to a very lively dog, and the effects it had on her afterwards. If you have any questions please ask here or on that blog.