Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2007, 04:08 PM

getting a routine with pups

So any hints or tips on how to do this,
they sleep really well during the day(nine pups of five and half weeks old)but during the night they do not seem to settle,sleeping for two hours at most at a time then screaming the place down,they have a good play,a really good feed,and by twelve o'clock they are,what I think settled,so off I traipse to bed only to be woken two hours later,last night was awful,I put them down to sleep,at 12,midnight,they woke at two,then again at half three,then again at five,I need HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP hahahha
Wendy
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Are they getting too hot or too cold? I had mine in bed with me but two miniature poodle pups is fine, 9 mastiffs a tad different!
Becky
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2007, 05:26 PM
arghhhhhhhhhhh not in my bed,they poop for England,and have no shame,hahahaha,no they are not too hot nor cold,they have a choice as to whether to get under very low wattage heat lamp,or lay on newspaper on floor,tiles underneath,or big snuglly vet bed,
thanks ever so for answer though Becky,
Wendy
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Maybe treat them like you would a baby thats awake at night and try to keep them awake lomger in the day so the sleep better at night.

kathryn
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Is the mum still with them? I know my lot stayed with mum, and were really good during the night, didnt make a sound til about 5am when they thought it was time to eat mum was still giving them the odd feed at that age although I had started to wean them off her but I have a feeling she gave them a small feed during the night, I did sleep downstairs with them but sometimes I was totally out for the count and did not notice any messing about from the pups.

Mo
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2007, 10:37 PM
I dont know a thing about pups but how bout earplugs?
xx
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 08:01 AM
we slept down stairs when we had a large litter it seemed to settle them as we was around.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2007, 06:03 AM
rather than newspaper what about dry bedding it takes away any moisture from the top of the bedding into the newspaper and stays dry and it also help them as they get older and they start walking it doesn't move like newspaper does, plus I'm stay in the whelpping room until they are 7 weeks
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2007, 09:38 AM
Kathryn we've been doing that,has not worked yet,grrrrrrrrrrrr.thanks for reply though
Wendy
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Mo they are now six weeks old and mum is scared of them,no way will she even enter a room with one of them in,let alone all nine,nice thought though
Wendy
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >