Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:49 PM

There was a moose loose aboot

Our pet food store!

Poor little ****** got stuck in one of the big hoppers they have for the loose pet food like bird seed etc. In this case, the boss's son came down asking if I could help cause nobody, including the 6ft 3 fella who helps move stuff, about would go near the mouse. Little mousey got himself stuck in the parrot food hopper, the sides are sheer and the only way out for him was through the food, and I don't think even the greediest mouse couldn't eat that much parrot food. Nobody wanted really to hurt him, so it was down to me, the animal lover (or mug) to help him out. Poor wee sod.

So I caught him (eventually), I swear, I have never seen a mouse BOUNCE like this, he was like a wee power ball! He bounced out of my hand and after a mad wee chase round the store I got him back and put him in a wee box. We released him in a grassy bit over beside the railway which is all grassy and overgrown, plenty hiding places and food for a wee moosey.
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Made me smile , theres a moose loose aboot this hoose, you would only get it if you were a jock lol !
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 10:01 PM
well done
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 08:56 PM
I thought it was hillarious....the son came down and said my expertise was required with something...course they didn't want to say 'there's a mouse in the pet food store' in the middle of the shop...doesn't go down too well

It was the way this little thing just ping ponged about...it was mental, most mice I've seen just scutter away quickly, this thing got out of my hands and bounced! I mean BOUNCED! round the store...took me a bit to catch him but I did and he was really cute and soft and sweet..I'm just glad the traps they have set in there didn't get him. It's not the humane ones and I don't like seeing them caught in the traps.

Saying that, there's an enormous amount of folks coming into the shop and buying traps. Dunno is that normal for this time of year, cause I've not worked in a hardware store before but there is a huge amount going out. Mental.

I'll stick with the cat..it's natural selection.