View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 05:51 PM
hi im a mum 2 a staff girl she is very much my dog so like u i was unsure how 2 introduce my new baby when she arrived so when she did arrive and i came home straight away i put my daughter down in her car seat and made a huge fuss of her but i also let her sniff her that was 5 years ago and they both the best of friends she not my dog now lost her 2 my daughter ! if u stay in hos 4 a bit bring something of the baby home so they can use 2 the new smell good luck !!!!!!
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-11-2005, 08:32 PM
This Dogweb article may be of help/interest to you: http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/dog...ren_10261.html
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi,
I introduced Amy to my sisters new born 4 weeks ago,just after she got out of hospital,needed to as i will be minding the baby when she works.
When they first come in i let Amy have a good sniff of the car seat without baby then i sat down with baby in my arms & let her sniff.
she was fine untill hte baby cried..he started to cry as well!!

sarah
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2005, 09:07 AM
when i had abbie i still lived with my mum and we where really worried about her collie X lady as she doesnt like children

i was terrified but had no need to be, apart from a few real worried looks when abbie cried and alot of growls if anyone other than me mum and sis went near the crib lol lady was great

even went as far as to claw my hand if abbie cried and i didnt pick her up within 20 seconds lol

im sure everything will be fine hun,, ooooh not long now, its so exciting
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2