Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
pmsl i wont ask but now i have an image in my head !! LOL
LOL! You are making it sound worse than it actually is now you Mrs!

I had one of those rubber tuggy things, made out the same rubber as the balls, a handle for you and one for dog, when we had finished playing I noticed my hands smelt all rubbery and I also noticed Charlie was doing that weird licky thing, like when they have peanut butter in their mouth? So I put my tongue on my hand, more a dab than a lick, out of curiosity and ew. Tastes like it smells, even on my hand, so dread to think what the actually thing tastes like, I never did lick a rubber ball, lol!

I'm going to bed now, this is just too much information into how I gain my life knowledge!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 10:02 PM
This is a problem I've had with Isla, she learnt from Woody exactly how to dismantle a tennis ball. One quick chomp across the seam and it's gone!

We've tried the rubber/spongy balls and they work quite well. You can get them quite cheap from Wilkinsons, trouble is they don't float all that well.

I bought an Orbee tennis ball and it is fab. They're not cheap and Isla's constant chomping is now starting to take it's toll, but she just loves it.

The latest thing that seems to work is, wait for it...... a Tennis Ball! My Brother found an old tennis ball in the back of the garden a few weeks ago and it's lasting really well. The difference with this and the other tennis balls is that it's an expensive one (Slazenger). I think the doggy tennis balls are so cheaply made that they must come apart in no time. The expensive tennis ball's seem to be working a treat now, so maybe try going to a sports shop before you fork out for an Orbee ball?

Although I would go for an Orbee ball too as they're just fab to have around anyway!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 06:48 AM
I buy the Kong tennis balls and have also bought a rugby ball too from Kong. They are much stronger than the normal ones and last ages - the only thing that goes is the squeak !!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 07:39 AM
I would agree about the og tennis balls. the dog ones arer awful in comaprison but be careful about ordinary tennis balls I'm sure I read somehee aout them not being suitable for dogs.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 07:41 AM
I use the tennis balls that squeak with Kismet... The squeak seems to put her off destroying them. But also.. I don't leave her with them.. they are for games and training only, then they go away again.
endisforever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-04-2009, 06:30 PM
welli have ordered an orbee tennin ball they seem to be good for what im looking for

thanks for all the ideas
ajshep1984
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Kong tennis balls are good quality, we had the same problem with our lot, we tried the different brands of pet tennis balls and different proper tennis balls and none stood the test of time. The Kong balls do cost a bit more but they last A LOT longer so it actually works out cheaper in the long run ....and they squeek!
endisforever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-04-2009, 05:53 PM
i have got my orbee tennis ball now and all i can say its that its great

rufus loves it and cant chew it to bits
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 09:56 PM
I reckon the orbee ball is great - Monty has managed to chew a couple of continents of his glow in the dark one but to be fair - he takes it everywhere!!!!! We have another one for training and a large pink and blue one which sometimes gets biscuits stuffed in it for him.
Gilka
New Member!
Female 

09-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Our Kelly destroys tennis balls and the hard rubber balls....we've found that the kong treat ball is good because she can squeeze and chew it all she likes and it just won't be destroyed. It's squishable but strong.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >