Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2009, 04:53 PM

Panic over!

Today we have a totally different Boo!

After we'd been out this morning for an hour, I fed both dogs then had a stuffed kong ready for Boo and a biscuit ball for Bryan. I asked Richard to keep an eye on them while I made our breakfast (yep, the dogs get fed first in this house ).

Once they had finished with their Kong and biscuit ball they started wrestling, but Boo was being really gentle. I am so pleased with her, she was lying next to Bryan wriggling around and nibbling his ears. Bryan much prefers this to yesterday's beating up

We've had to stop her maybe twice today when she was getting over exuberant, but she's getting the message now and stops fairly quickly.

We've been for a two hour hike round the plantation this afternoon. Both dogs are sound asleep. Over the past two days Boo has discovered the joys of snacking on rabbit poo, bouncing around in a field of wheat, chasing around in woods, swimming in a pond, chasing birds, splashing in puddles and sleeping in a comfy bed without fear of being harmed.

I'm so chuffed that she's settled well because I hated the thought of her having to go to a new place and be all stressed again. She met my brother and his fiancee today. I told them to ignore her and gave them a handful of biscuits each. She likes anyone who gives her food. She didn't growl at my brother at all and after 10 minutes she was approaching him and letting him stroke under her chin.

I'm leaving her and Bryan with my nana tomorrow while I go to college (she's coming to my house to look after them). I'm a bit worried about it in case they start scrapping, but I'm going to leave my mobile on so nana can ring me if there's any problems.