View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:06 AM
Morning Malka, hope a better night for both of you...
Not doing too great here as we had a test done again and Caesar went backwards but hey-ho, like you, we just deal with it as best as we can.). big hugs xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
Pereg is so lucky to have you, Malka
Doing ok today?
I think it is the other way round, Erin - I am the lucky one to have Pereg! She had the nagging gimmee munchies for most of the evening, and was pacing like crazy, but eventually calmed down with thankfully no seizure, and we both had a good night, albeit a broken one.

Originally Posted by mastines33 View Post
Morning Malka, hope a better night for both of you...
Not doing too great here as we had a test done again and Caesar went backwards but hey-ho, like you, we just deal with it as best as we can.). big hugs xx
Sorry to hear about Caesar - give him a (((hug))) from me please. Pereg got me up twice in the night for a pee as the Pb increase made her extra thirsty, and the medication plus the condition itself means that most nights she needs to pee at least once. Mind you I have been having to get up in the night for years now [old age plus my own problems] which is why I had the ensuite built as the loo is at the front of the bungalow and my bedroom at the far end and having to go all through the place during the night was getting to be a bit of a booger.

Now, of course, I have to go all through the place to let Pereg out! But I love her and that is all that matters. xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Glad to see you've had a peaceful night (relatively anyway) and that she has calmed down already.
Have been thinking of you wondering how it was going.
Try and get some rest in the day if you can.
Big hugs from me and from the Norties

xxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm glad to hear that Pereg has had no more seizures. Now it's the awful post-ictal phase to deal with. I hope she gets back to normal quickly.
Big hug.
x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

27-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'm glad to hear that Pereg has had no more seizures. Now it's the awful post-ictal phase to deal with. I hope she gets back to normal quickly.
Big hug.
x
That is what is so exhausting. She has 2-3 hours of diabolical post-ictal behaviour after a GM until either the extra Pb or the Valium kicks in, but she then has a few days where she goes through the same post-ictal phase every evening. Hopefully now she is on the extra Pb at 3pm that should ease off soon as I cannot cope with it every single evening.

Oh well, we have made it to Day 2 now...
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2013, 03:11 PM
I really feel for both of you, it must be so difficult and traumatic, I really hope the medicines help and there are no more seizures in the near future ((hugs))
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Poor Pereg and you. Sounds scary for you both. Hope you can get another good nights sleep and Pereg as well. Glad to hear she hasn't had anymore seizures.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

27-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by cacoll View Post
I really feel for both of you, it must be so difficult and traumatic, I really hope the medicines help and there are no more seizures in the near future ((hugs))
Thank you. There are a few other epileptic Dogsey dogs - most, I think, have been epi for far longer than Pereg, who had her first seizure on 1 April 2011 when she was 2 years 3 months old. It is difficult for me but it is no doubt just as difficult for everyone who has an epi dog.

Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
Poor Pereg and you. Sounds scary for you both. Hope you can get another good nights sleep and Pereg as well. Glad to hear she hasn't had anymore seizures.
She started the pacing, whining, nagging again at 9pm [it is now coming up to 10.30pm] but rather than put up with it yet again I gave her one of her herbal calming pills as soon as she started, and she gradually calmed down and is now lying by the open door ready to leap out if a c-a-t dare appear!

I am just praying that she does not have another late evening or early morning seizure as I am physically and mentally exhausted.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Everything crossed for a peaceful night Malka.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

27-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Fingers crossed you both have a peaceful night and you can catch up on some much needed sleep.x
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5