View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:19 PM
I am glad you are going to get the treatment for your dog notwithstanding the problem with the insurance company.

As for your dog 'knocking your wall down' one could say you are lucky your wall didn't fall on someone and injure them!

It's all hypothetical depending on how long you've had the dog, the height of the wall, the size of the dog and so on and on.

But surely a wall that could be knocked down by a dog jumping at it is no different from an insecure fence to keep a dog in?

That's if it is YOUR wall and not someone else's wall.
harley quinn
New Member!
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I am glad you are going to get the treatment for your dog notwithstanding the problem with the insurance company.

As for your dog 'knocking your wall down' one could say you are lucky your wall didn't fall on someone and injure them!

It's all hypothetical depending on how long you've had the dog, the height of the wall, the size of the dog and so on and on.

But surely a wall that could be knocked down by a dog jumping at it is no different from an insecure fence to keep a dog in?

That's if it is YOUR wall and not someone else's wall.
It's my landlords wall

Danielle xx
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by harley quinn View Post
yes the wall was standing, and whilst jumping she knocked it down, thus aiding her escape.
I really do understand the posts that state the onus should be with us, but I was convinced she was secure and took all reasonable steps to ensure this i'm just a little bemused as the vet assured us the policy would cover it

Danielle xx
aint insurances just kinda maffia like the politic or banks?
I'm getting more and more convinced about that

just legal thugs
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:31 PM
It's my landlords wall

Danielle xx
Well it may be that you have a case to say that the only reason the dog 'got over it' was because it collapsed when the dog jumped at it?

And that if the wall belongs to your landlord it is his responsibility to make sure it is a 'safe' wall. And it couldn't be a safe wall if a dog could knock it down?

It's sometimes the case that, if you start bringing in third party responsibility and counter claims etc. the other side will pay up rather than get involved in the complicity of it all.
harley quinn
New Member!
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
aint insurances just kinda maffia like the politic or banks?
I'm getting more and more convinced about that

just legal thugs
I am beginning to think that, I honestly thought we were doing the right thing by insuring her, what I should have done was put the £30 a month to one side and used that to pay for expensive treatment, instead of giving it to the insurance company

Danielle xx
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Well it may be that you have a case to say that the only reason the dog 'got over it' was because it collapsed when the dog jumped at it?

And that if the wall belongs to your landlord it is his responsibility to make sure it is a 'safe' wall. And it couldn't be a safe wall if a dog could knock it down?

It's sometimes the case that, if you start bringing in third party responsibility and counter claims etc. the other side will pay up rather than get involved in the complicity of it all.
...or at the end you will get in trouble with your landlord, will still have to pay a lawyer you will need for to get cleared that case and if you lose nevertheless, the vet bill anyway

actually I would just be happy, that my dog recovers well, pay the vet bill, kick off that insurance and learn out of that case

just guess those are things you just cannot change
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I am beginning to think that, I honestly thought we were doing the right thing by insuring her, what I should have done was put the £30 a month to one side and used that to pay for expensive treatment, instead of giving it to the insurance company

Danielle xx
absolutely
just count back the month per 30pounds (don't have that sign on my laptop )

but maybe better leave it as you would just get sick about that amount of money!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Insurance companies, banks, estate agents, financial advisors - all just legalised crooks in my view. They are given a licence to rob you.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-06-2013, 07:49 PM
We will be appealing, not that i'm hopeful, but if not we'll have to arrange a payment plan with the vet,
Danielle, I do urge you to do more than just appeal to the insurance company, as people have said they are just interpreting the policy in their interests, that's what all insurance companies do and all companies that are run for profit too.

BUT if you can get your local rag to publish a letter and photo the insurance people might offer something as a goodwill gesture, it might not be the full amount but it could help.

I wish you luck, postponing the wedding will be forgotten after the tenth year of marriage and I hope you will be together for much longer than that
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Insurance companies, banks, estate agents, financial advisors - all just legalised crooks in my view. They are given a licence to rob you.
Only those four my list is much longer but then I am older than you and have had more bruises
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »