View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2013, 11:53 AM
I did not know that the injection was dangerous as I have only read about it - never used it as both Little One and Pereg were spayed after their first season, and when I was breeding Griffons I never kept any males.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
My vet implants a show dog and apparently there is no problem at all as the KC rules that there should be two descended testicles - which there still will be in spite of being small. I would check with the Kennel Club as I gather the vet's client who shows boxers simply informed the judge that her dog had the implant and carried the form from his vet to prove it.
My dogs have the implant and it is excellent. There is a kennel of 7 bitches 20yrds from our property and they pay no attention now to them where before they would go off their food and sit by the door crying when one or more were on heat. No change in personality and they stopped 'marking' within two weeks of being implanted. You can get Superlorin implants that last 6 or 12 months and if the dog is small they will last much longer than when in a larger dog.

When the chip wears off everything returns to 'normal' including testicle size.
No you are right in the fact there are no "KC" rules against it, in fact you can show a neutered dog too of course, but they will never get top honours. How is the implant different? The dog is still effectively sterile. It does in most, almost all cases shrink the testicles, its a classic tell tale sign of suprelorin and the suppression of testosterone.

I have never heard it lasting longer in small dogs, mine are small dogs are the administration guidelines are identical for each species as far as I am aware. Suprelorin has many many uses!!!!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
No you are right in the fact there are no "KC" rules against it, in fact you can show a neutered dog too of course, but they will never get top honours. How is the implant different? The dog is still effectively sterile. It does in most, almost all cases shrink the testicles, its a classic tell tale sign of suprelorin and the suppression of testosterone.

I have never heard it lasting longer in small dogs, mine are small dogs are the administration guidelines are identical for each species as far as I am aware. Suprelorin has many many uses!!!!
Suprelorin is very dangerous; I posted re this way back as I was shocked by what I was reading. Yes it can last longer as only one sie. It cannot be removed if there are bad effects and in some cases it changed personality .. not a risk I would ever take; better juvenile neutering.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Suprelorin is very dangerous; I posted re this way back as I was shocked by what I was reading. Yes it can last longer as only one sie. It cannot be removed if there are bad effects and in some cases it changed personality .. not a risk I would ever take; better juvenile neutering.
Rosebud, Superlorin is NOT dangerous!! We had this conversation last time and the Royal Vet College quote 'Superlorin is a suitable chemical castratioin' ....... To be honest so many members on here have had their dogs implanted (evident from the last time this was discussed) and I have heard no bad reports about it either. Neither of my dogs have had a change in personality, neither have put weight on, neither have had a change in coat texture ... only good things like stopping pining for a bitch on heat and stopping 'marking'. I honestly feel that having made such a huge sweeping statement that 'Superlorin is very dangerous' you need to back that statement up with evidence and not just hearsay. A statement like that is not helpful at all.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Yes you did, yet you not once came back to the discussion and you offfered not one bit of evidence to back up your claims. NOT ONE!!!! Are you doing the same again?

I will categorically state, although I have NEVER heard of any side effect, I know with 100% certainty that the implant can be removed within a reasonable length of time. If you would like to dispute that, I will provide you with the name of the veterinary surgeon and reproduction in small animals expert that told me while I stood in front of her. You can argue the toss with her then if you like.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2013, 02:02 PM
LOL !!! I notice Rosebud77 has been on the board today and has again chosen to ignore the posts here. Speaks volumes and personally I think her "claims" should be deleted from the thread, unless she can come back and provide us with the evidence she has to back them up.
IceCody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Thank you all for your replyīs and I hope I didnīt cause disturbance with this post.

I will ask if I can show him with implants in. I have heard bad things about the female contraceptive, that the risk of cancer is higher.

I have been asked for Leo as a stud in september but I havenīt seen any health testing for the female or show testimonies so untill I do I wonīt go through with it but I also wont have him implanted untill I get that sorted out.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Originally Posted by IceCody View Post
Thank you all for your replyīs and I hope I didnīt cause disturbance with this post.

I will ask if I can show him with implants in. I have heard bad things about the female contraceptive, that the risk of cancer is higher.

I have been asked for Leo as a stud in september but I havenīt seen any health testing for the female or show testimonies so untill I do I wonīt go through with it but I also wont have him implanted untill I get that sorted out.
Not at all IceCody, the poster mentioned is known for making ridiculous claims and then disappearing without an ounce of evidence to back them up. So sad really.

There will be no issue with showing him, it will be whether the judges out there will know because his testicles will shrink, (9 times out of ten) if so they will know he is effectively "sterile." Im not sure what the policy out there is for showing "neutered" animals and how its perceived?
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 05:49 AM
LOL !!! I notice Rosebud77 has been on the board today and has again chosen to ignore the posts here. Speaks volumes and personally I think her "claims" should be deleted from the thread, unless she can come back and provide us with the evidence she has to back them up.
Excuse me?
I am ill abed and have little time online anyways and if you read my post way back I gave abundant evidence there which it seems was ignored.

I just caught this is passing and see no need to repeat what I said then. Family who are top breeders will not touch suprelorin and in parts of Canada it is banned and in the process of being banned in more

Good management of dogs should obviate any need for this.

Why you cannot allow folk to offer different experiences defeats me; closed minds and this kind of personal attack

do not impress.

I will always go by experience over any vet opinion; and one vet in an article I referred to changed HIS view of suprelorin and will never use it again.And he found that it cannot be removed and the makers admitted that

I would never ever use it and have the same right as everyone here to say why.

Off to upchuck yet again...
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 05:54 AM
Not at all IceCody, the poster mentioned is known for making ridiculous claims and then disappearing without an ounce of evidence to back them up. So sad really.

There will be no issue with showing him, it will be whether the judges out there will know because his testicles will shrink, (9 times out of ten) if so they will know he is effectively "sterile." Im not sure what the policy out there is for showing "neutered" animals and how its perceived?
I have reported this post as personal attack and highly offensive and will not be back here on THIS thread as this poster seems to have a personal grudge here and have no intention of reading yet more insults!

Better things to do with my time and I stand by all I have said, period.

You want to use this chemical fine but know that there are risks as there are with all chemicals.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >