Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
While I can understand your thinking, certainly, the ingredients dont look great to me, if it was SO bad then surely hundreds of dogs wouldn't be suddenly cured of sickness and poor digestion on eating it?
No one can stop people from buying dogs food from supermarket. Some people especially who just having their first dog even dont know what to look for. Dogs are like humans one could be more sensitive then other. It doesnt mean all dogs must suffer from side effects by feeding poor quality food but there's a proof that dogs who get such a dry food used to have these specific problems with liver, kidneys and teeth. I really do not recommend anyone feeding Chappies or any similar.
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sariska View Post
No one can stop people from buying dogs food from supermarket. Some people especially who just having their first dog even dont know what to look for. Dogs are like humans one could be more sensitive then other. It doesnt mean all dogs must suffer from side effects by feeding poor quality food but there's a proof that dogs who get such a dry food used to have these specific problems with liver, kidneys and teeth. I really do not recommend anyone feeding Chappies or any similar.
Well, I can see how dry food could cause problems.
It has been documented in cats that feeding dry food only often results in kidney issues (due to not taking in enough water) so I imagine dogs could have the same problem with dry food no matter what brand if that's all it was fed.

As far as I'm aware, chappie is a wet, canned food. Unless they have a dry version as well.

I still believe chappie is excellent, especially for sensitive dogs, but we will agree to disagree this one I think.

Also, I would recommend the original poster look at the CSJ website, I'm pretty sure they have a supplement for urinary health.
I have found their supplements to be excellent so something to bear in mind as well as diet.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
Well, I can see how dry food could cause problems.
It has been documented in cats that feeding dry food only often results in kidney issues (due to not taking in enough water) so I imagine dogs could have the same problem with dry food no matter what brand if that's all it was fed.

As far as I'm aware, chappie is a wet, canned food. Unless they have a dry version as well.

I still believe chappie is excellent, especially for sensitive dogs, but we will agree to disagree this one I think.

Also, I would recommend the original poster look at the CSJ website, I'm pretty sure they have a supplement for urinary health.
I have found their supplements to be excellent so something to bear in mind as well as diet.
In some case I totally agree with you.
The most important thing is to keep your dog on well balanced died. In some situations nothing can be better than feeding raw to your dog to get rid of all sensitivity problems.
I was aware of economic dry and wet food especially since we had to say good bye to my beloved grandmothers cat when at age of 5 she had no teeth and other health problems because of Go Cat food. Sometimes such an examples can make us think different way.
Sorry for my english.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4