Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Sorry just realised you meant evening primrose oil I'm a numpty lol

Do these need to be doggy supplements or can they be human supplements?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2013, 09:57 PM
You can buy garlic tablets at Asda and just pop one in her food every day, very good for keeping little visitors at bay and also help prevent itchiness. EPO is evening primrose oil and is good for the coat and her hormone levels, Omega 3 is fish oils, better than cod liver oil, and B complex is good for the nervous system
I buy the human ones from either Asda or Home Bargains
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
You can buy garlic tablets at Asda and just pop one in her food every day, very good for keeping little visitors at bay and also help prevent itchiness. EPO is evening primrose oil and is good for the coat and her hormone levels, Omega 3 is fish oils, better than cod liver oil, and B complex is good for the nervous system
I buy the human ones from either Asda or Home Bargains
That's brilliant you have been an absolute star throughout this whole thread. Thank you, I will now get her each of those and see how she goes
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2013, 10:24 PM
You're very welcome, and I can only apologise for the other bits and pieces that have been going on in the midst of your questions and our attempts to give you decent information.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post
That's brilliant you have been an absolute star throughout this whole thread. Thank you, I will now get her each of those and see how she goes
Don' t be fooled, she's an absolute lunatic!!! Imagine advice is excellent though xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Hey you, be nice, or I'll cry or summat.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Hey you, be nice, or I'll cry or summat.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Sara1210 View Post
Aww thank you Eileen your lovely

Sorry to sound so dumb I have never used garlic for myself how do I prepare it for her I'm willing to try anything if she is going to be healthy on it. Also what's EPO and can you suggest what omega 3 and vitamin b to use please
Omega 3 is simply source from any Salmon or any fish oil. You dont need any additional vitamins until you have variety of meat. Sometimes too much can be way worse then less thats exactly about vitamins.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Sariska View Post
Omega 3 is simply source from any Salmon or any fish oil. You dont need any additional vitamins until you have variety of meat. Sometimes too much can be way worse then less thats exactly about vitamins.
And sometimes vitamins and supplements save lives. My dog has epilepsy and the medication she has to take for the rest of her life can, and frequently does, cause liver damage and possible liver failure. Ditto kidney damage/failure.

Without the various vitamins and supplements I give her she would be dead.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
And sometimes vitamins and supplements save lives. My dog has epilepsy and the medication she has to take for the rest of her life can, and frequently does, cause liver damage and possible liver failure. Ditto kidney damage/failure.

Without the various vitamins and supplements I give her she would be dead.
Of course there is some different cases when food supplements is a must. But otherwise while dog is healthy and on balanced diet any vitamins is not essential at all.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >