View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Clarey83
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Hi! I don't feed raw but have been looking into it a lot lately.
If you are on FB there is a great group called raw feeding uk. It has tons of info and all the members are really helpfull and happy to answer even the daftest of questions.

I was also thinking that she may be ok with raw chicken and beef too, it could just be the dried kibble form. I would just try small amount of chicken though at first as it could be because they are fed grains which your dog may be allergic too.

I'd also say leave the fish with its skin and bones, they are all safe for your dog to eat.

On the grass eating note, are you sure she was trying to make herself sick? Many dogs eat grass because they enjoy it, no other reason. This time of year the grass is at its freshest too, so tastes better...if thats what you're into lol!

I hope she get better soon
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi.
It's strange thing that you call RAW meat+vegetables. RAW is 80% raw meat, 10% bones with meat on them and 10% offal (liver,hearts and etc.) and of course any kind of fish fed once per week. BARF is more likely minced meats + vegetables. So please don't mix these 2 names.
Actually to start with RAW you have to balance all well by giving right amounts and varieties of meat, bones and offal. I suggest you to start from chicken for a few days after that adding to menu other kind of meat. Don't rush with feeding RAW. Read well prior that.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Heart is not considered as offal in the "10%" offal part of raw feeding as it is a muscle meat.

RAW [in capitals] is just "raw" food. It is not an acronym for anything as BARF is [Bones And Raw Food].

An excellent guide to raw feeding can be found on Dogsey in the Raw Feeding section.

A rough BARF guide
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Everyone who raw feeds has their own particular way of doing it, there is no 'right' or 'wrong' it is what suits the dog and its needs.
I feed bio yogurt and cottage cheese alongside the steamed veg I have already mentioned.
As Malka has already said heart is not offal, it is a muscle meat.
Once you actually start raw feeding and become more experienced and speak to peope who feed that way, and also read the various books available, maybe join britbarf where there is a wealth of experience on tap, you will find that it is a very logical way of feeding, one of the bonus's being clean teeth, fresh breath, no doggy smell and tiny poos that are easily picked up. No strangely coloured cow pats!!!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sariska View Post
Hi.
It's strange thing that you call RAW meat+vegetables. RAW is 80% raw meat, 10% bones with meat on them and 10% offal (liver,hearts and etc.) and of course any kind of fish fed once per week. BARF is more likely minced meats + vegetables. So please don't mix these 2 names.
Actually to start with RAW you have to balance all well by giving right amounts and varieties of meat, bones and offal. I suggest you to start from chicken for a few days after that adding to menu other kind of meat. Don't rush with feeding RAW. Read well prior that.
Mmmm surely the B in BARF stands for bones?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Bones And Raw Flesh or Biologically Appropriate Raw Feeding whichever you prefer
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Bones And Raw Flesh or Biologically Appropriate Raw Feeding whichever you prefer
I seeeee. Thank you!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Or as I prefer, Bones And Raw Food!
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Everyone who raw feeds has their own particular way of doing it, there is no 'right' or 'wrong' it is what suits the dog and its needs.
I feed bio yogurt and cottage cheese alongside the steamed veg I have already mentioned.
As Malka has already said heart is not offal, it is a muscle meat.
Once you actually start raw feeding and become more experienced and speak to peope who feed that way, and also read the various books available, maybe join britbarf where there is a wealth of experience on tap, you will find that it is a very logical way of feeding, one of the bonus's being clean teeth, fresh breath, no doggy smell and tiny poos that are easily picked up. No strangely coloured cow pats!!!!
Well, if you say there's no wrong or right way to feed RAW or BARF then means you're not feeding non of them. There is typical descriptions about each one in books, forums and etc. You should be keen on some details when feeding one of that way, know meat proportions as well. Of course there's a lot of good things about feeding naturally.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-06-2013, 07:38 PM
In your rush to prove how knowledgeable you are, you have entirely missed my point. Never mind eh.
LOL Malka
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »