Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sariska View Post
So in your thinking if your dog likes burgers and crisps you can give it too? Its not about liking and disliking. Its about dog nature and what dog used to eat. Not yoghurts and things like that which is pure nothing for them. Dogs dont need lactose and of course they dont tolerate it so far. Probiotics as well. No one is teaching you how to feed your dog. Simply some of you got really strange thinking about how to feed your four legged friends.
No offence, strange thinking or not, I have no intention of taking any advice from you on how to feed my dog!
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Or ... they could just start a thread giving their advice about what they think is the best diet for all dogs? I mean I assume 'one size fits all' where this poster is concerned.

Instead of just hopping to every thread that mentions feeding and criticising and sneering at everyone else?

Help with raw? - Page 4
When you start to give me examples not only some consumers reviews then I will start to believe in you .
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
No offence, strange thinking or not, I have no intention of taking any advice from you on how to feed my dog!
Of course hopefully one day you will give me some explanations about WHY your beloved non good food is good for your dog
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Hahahaha in your opinion ONLY DOG NUTRITIONIST can tell you something about dog food? Wake up ! As person who did a lots of research about that you should really stop saying me I'm wrong because none of you can give me details why the crap and useless human food is good for your dog.
Perhaps I should tell my butcher, my poulterer, my fishmonger and my greengrocer that they all sell useless crap human food? Maybe I should tell my Vet that he is a useless vet as well? Oh, and by the way, he does not sell dog food - good, bad or crap, and I have no idea what dog food is sold in supermarkets because I have never looked at any of them let alone bought any.

You say you are a veterinary assistant/nurse - would you care to tell us where you were trained? And exactly what training you have had in canine nutrition?

Ah, but Google is a wondrous thing for a wannabee canine nutritionist, is it not.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Of course hopefully one day you will give me some explanations about WHY your beloved non good food is good for your dog
As my non good food in your opinion is yogurt, I suggest you do what I and all good dog owners on this site do.....RESEARCH IT!!Amazing thing, the Internet, experts on nutrition there too.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Vets and the like receive very little training in nutrition, out of the entire course it is given a couple of days, and these are sponsored by Commercial Dog Food companies.
A vet nurse once said to me how did my dogs get their nutrition and necessary vitamins from feeding raw, she genuinely didn't understand or have any knowledge of raw feeding, having been given only the barest information and that being weighted toward the products the sponsors manufactured and sold.
I can still see the astonishment in the vets face and hear it in her voice when I took my last litter of puppies for their litter eye screen, she couldn't believe they were only 6 weeks of age, I said to her that's raw feeding for you Setting oneself up as an expert and purporting to have knowledge that is not in depth nor born out of experience is not much of a way to go about things, you have said yourself it is only YOUR OPINION. In the EXPERIENCE of some of the raw feeders on here your opinion does not match up to the actual facts
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Funnily enough if you look at any of the holistic vets websites they all recommend Bio yoghurt and probiotics.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4