View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 06:07 PM
My last dog used to eat it but it uses to make her pull her lips back and stick her tongue out a lot...like she wasn't sure if she loved it or hate it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
My last dog used to eat it but it uses to make her pull her lips back and stick her tongue out a lot...like she wasn't sure if she loved it or hate it.
Usually something sour or moderately tart makes them do that. Brownie loved blueberries, and he ate them all the time willingly so I knew he liked them... but he did that too because they were a bit tart.

It's different from the peanut butter, which they just keep licking their tongues out. They also do that when something tastes odd or bad (like grass or their own puke) but they think they need to eat it anyway.
Roger Biduk
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Plain organic yogurt's good, has beneficial cultures that aid in digestion, probiotics, etc.
Good frozen in the summer with organic peanut butter and bananas. Roger Biduk
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Just a quick update for anyone interested.

I fed her another portion of yogurt today, it was the yeo valley plain one and pleased to report that she had no reaction today, I filmed the whole thing incase she started gagging and choking again so I could get opinions but seems to be a one off incident
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Good to hear!
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
I just gave Penelope some, I had heard that completely natural plain yogurt; no sugar or flavouring was good for them.

She loved it, but then promptly began to make strange wheezing, coughing type noises for a minute or so.
She seems fine now.....

Anyone else experienced this?
Feeding her can be a bit of a challenge, she seems to exhibit allergy symptoms to conventional dog food and most red meat but seems okay with a little chicken or ham and her vegetarian, hypoallergenic kibble.
Dogs didn't tolerate lactose. Simply they don't digest it and its complete wastage for dog because dogs don't need any proteins from dairy products. So better buy good quality dog food rather giving him what is not suitable.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2013, 05:38 PM
it's important that it is the BIO yoghurt, not just plain. Organic bio yoghurt. Greeks eat it with everything and vets here prescribe it for dogs for all gastro problems. I believe it was instrumental in 'saving' Bella when she was tiny and on death's door. I love the stuff myself anyway so always have it in.

We put parmesan on spag bol - greeks put a dollop of bio yog on theirs. Same with meatballs, stuffed cabbage leaves and all sorts.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
it's important that it is the BIO yoghurt, not just plain. Organic bio yoghurt. Greeks eat it with everything and vets here prescribe it for dogs for all gastro problems. I believe it was instrumental in 'saving' Bella when she was tiny and on death's door. I love the stuff myself anyway so always have it in.

We put parmesan on spag bol - greeks put a dollop of bio yog on theirs. Same with meatballs, stuffed cabbage leaves and all sorts.
Can you tell me whats the point of giving yoghurt to dog?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Bio Yogurt is already pre-digested in the form it is in, so therefore the organisms in it benefit the digestive system.
It isn't the same as feeding dairy, the same as feeding cottage or hard cheese isn't the same as dairy.
If you look at the making of live yogurt, and cheeses you will see there are several stages involved which encourage micro organisms to grow and yogurt can for instance be applied in the area where you get thrush and it will dispose of the thrush by virtue of its very nature.
Sariska
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Bio Yogurt is already pre-digested in the form it is in, so therefore the organisms in it benefit the digestive system.
It isn't the same as feeding dairy, the same as feeding cottage or hard cheese isn't the same as dairy.
If you look at the making of live yogurt, and cheeses you will see there are several stages involved which encourage micro organisms to grow and yogurt can for instance be applied in the area where you get thrush and it will dispose of the thrush by virtue of its very nature.
But anyway dogs didnt tolerate lactose and I dont think they intake something useful from yoghurt... Thats only my opinion about it.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >