View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Loo seats are the least of my worries the twins have started potty training and I spent yesterday afternoon rushing around my sons house with two potties trying to catch them in time .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Easy for me, we have separate bathrooms coz I have my little en-suite in this new place, so I don't care if his seat is up, down or not even there!

What I want to know is why men spend so long in there????? Plus they're in there so much throughout the day It's definitely another *man* thing isn't it girls

I leave my seat up, always have, and I always thought that leaving the seat up meant the bottom bit, coz I think the men lift that don't they when they "go"?? I dunno coz I've never watched lol! Dave leaves the seat down (as in the lid). I leave mine up so that when I go in there half asleep in the night I don't end up sitting on top of the seat in my half asleep state and it's also because it's all mine and I can do what I like in there now

I always blamed Dave for using all the loo roll, until I had my very own bathroom, when it was MY one that I had to keep filling up and not his

Dave's the same as you Azz, he's always got a pint of water in his hand, I keep telling him, one day he's gonna drown himself by drinking so much water!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2012, 09:05 PM
For me it's seat AND lid down afterwards after hearing somewhere about also not keeping toothbrushes by the hand basin so they're now away in the cabinet.

Actually I did a bulk buy of t-rolls and lost count of the number of people commenting that I was in for a dirty weekend

The things that I complain about are:
the number of empty cardboard rolls left laying around and why, when I replace a roll on the holder it gets taken off and left just out of arms reach?

Is it me or are the rolls shorter and the squares smaller?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 09:16 PM
We both put the lid down anyway in our house, hate a toilet left with the lid up!

I don't think my husband has ever replaced a toilet roll in his life...ever, honestly
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 11:38 PM
I've trained my husband well to put the seat and lid down. I hate the lid being up on the loo.

He still doesn't wipe the worktop of spills after making a cuppa though. My pet hate.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2012, 04:27 AM
OMG absolutely larfing ALOT at this thread!!

I shall however contribute!! I spend all day putting the lid down that hubby has left up, I can't leave the lid up as when I was a kid I heard a story of a rat coming into the house via the toilet so now the lids always have to be down... when we go away the last thing I check is that all the lids are down!!

We have THREE toilets in this house (its an American thang) the one downstairs only gets used when hubby gets caught short in the garage or I get in from a dog walk and am busting!!

I also have a husband who never changes the toilet roll

Thanks for the larf tonight!!!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2012, 06:33 AM
I don't have a problem with loo seats but loo rolls grrr. If you have used most of the last roll go and get another one!!

Our laundry room has a loo in it with a tiddly (I hate it) hand basin, I made a vanity unit to sit underneath it and I keep 3 spare rolls in there, I bought a loo roll holder for the bathroom which can stack at least 3 rolls but there is never loo roll in there! (OH uses that loo the most).
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-11-2012, 09:37 AM
I,m a rare breed.
After seeing articles about mens spread in the bathroom and the now universal wall to wall carpeting, I now sit even when having a pee.
Takes no longer,definately more hygenic.
Loo rolls in a cupbard next to pan, so can always be reached in an emergency
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-11-2012, 06:10 PM
I always put the seat down when I'm finished and always replace the loo roll when it needs it! and yes I'm male I'm just fussy about certains things and a seat up is highly annoying to me.
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Get a soft close toilet seat, it then becomes a gadget, and we all know how us blokes love gadgets!

I put the seat down and close the lid, I just like it like that but then that wouldn't be OK for anyone who needs instant access either.

As for loo rolls there is a spare sat on the cistern at all times whoever puts that on the holder is responsible for fetching a new one.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >